Re: sigsegv with current vim7

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2006
      Dr. Johannes Zellner wrote:

      > when I type :help <any-item>
      > vim crashes with the following stack trace:
      >
      > (gdb) where
      > #0 0xb779a028 in strncpy () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
      > #1 0x08133b65 in vim_strncpy ()
      > #2 0x081d2ddc in get_tagfname ()
      > #3 0x08094728 in f_tagfiles ()
      [...]
      > #37 0x080b1bd8 in getfile ()
      > #38 0x081d64f2 in do_tag ()
      > #39 0x080b4c12 in ex_help ()
      [...]

      I guess the problem is that get_tagfname() is used in a wrong way.
      Autocommands cause so much unexpected recursive behavior...

      I'll move the static variables out of get_tagfname(), that should help.

      --
      Engineers will go without food and hygiene for days to solve a problem.
      (Other times just because they forgot.)