Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

bug

Expand Messages
  • mzyzik@gmail.com
    All, I believe this is a bug: If I have two lines in a buffer, visual select from the middle of one line into the middle of the next line. Then press d to
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      All,

      I believe this is a bug:

      If I have two lines in a buffer, visual select from the middle of one
      line into the middle of the next line. Then press "d" to delete that
      text. Then I undo to restore everything as it was. Then I press "gv" to
      reselect the old selection, and the reselection is not the same as the
      first selection.

      --Matt
    • Bram Moolenaar
      ... Undo doesn t restore the Visual area. -- When I die, I want a tombstone that says GAME OVER - Ton Richters /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@Moolenaar.net --
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        Matt Mzyzik wrote:

        > I believe this is a bug:
        >
        > If I have two lines in a buffer, visual select from the middle of one
        > line into the middle of the next line. Then press "d" to delete that
        > text. Then I undo to restore everything as it was. Then I press "gv" to
        > reselect the old selection, and the reselection is not the same as the
        > first selection.

        Undo doesn't restore the Visual area.

        --
        "When I die, I want a tombstone that says "GAME OVER" - Ton Richters

        /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
        /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
        \\\ download, build and distribute -- http://www.A-A-P.org ///
        \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://www.ICCF.nl ///
      • Keith Roberts
        ... delete ... And why not? I ve had occasion to bemoan this fact myself. I m at 6.3, patch 1 and while ` gets set to something strange (I
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Matt Mzyzik wrote:
          >
          > > I believe this is a bug:
          > >
          > > If I have two lines in a buffer, visual select from the middle of
          > > one line into the middle of the next line. Then press "d" to
          delete
          > > that text. Then I undo to restore everything as it was. Then I
          > > press "gv" to reselect the old selection, and the reselection is
          > > not the same as the first selection.
          >
          > Undo doesn't restore the Visual area.


          And why not? I've had occasion to bemoan this fact myself.

          I'm at 6.3, patch 1 and while `< remains set, `> gets set to something
          strange (I could understand it being set to the same as '<, but that's
          not the case). Seems to me it should be easy enough to reset it to it's
          prior state when undoing a visual deletion. Granted, a bit more info
          would have to be saved.

          -Keith
        • Bram Moolenaar
          ... Actually, you are right. The named marks are also remembered, thus we could remember
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 20, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            Keith Roberts wrote:

            > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > > Matt Mzyzik wrote:
            > >
            > > > I believe this is a bug:
            > > >
            > > > If I have two lines in a buffer, visual select from the middle of
            > > > one line into the middle of the next line. Then press "d" to delete
            > > > that text. Then I undo to restore everything as it was. Then I
            > > > press "gv" to reselect the old selection, and the reselection is
            > > > not the same as the first selection.
            > >
            > > Undo doesn't restore the Visual area.
            >
            >
            > And why not? I've had occasion to bemoan this fact myself.
            >
            > I'm at 6.3, patch 1 and while `< remains set, `> gets set to something
            > strange (I could understand it being set to the same as '<, but that's
            > not the case). Seems to me it should be easy enough to reset it to it's
            > prior state when undoing a visual deletion. Granted, a bit more info
            > would have to be saved.

            Actually, you are right. The named marks are also remembered, thus we
            could remember '< and '> just as well.

            --
            Every exit is an entrance into something else.

            /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
            /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
            \\\ download, build and distribute -- http://www.A-A-P.org ///
            \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://www.ICCF.nl ///
          • mzyzik@gmail.com
            All, Say I have such a buffer
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 20, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              All,

              Say I have such a buffer <<EOF



              hi guys



              EOF

              (the buffer is between the EOFs)

              ... and lets say I do a "dip" in the space above "hi guys" and the space
              below it. The action on the top is it will delete all the space above
              "hi guys". The action on the bottom is it will delete all the space but
              leave one empty line. I don't think this is desired.

              Similarly, "vip" in the part below "hi guys" will highlight all but the
              last line. At the top it will highlight all.

              I noticed this because I frequently use "dip" to delete large spaces
              between lines.

              --Matt
            • Bram Moolenaar
              ... I see the problem. I ll add it to the todo list. -- Software is like sex... it s better when it s free. -- Linus Torvalds, initiator of the free Linux
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 21, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                Matt Mzyzik wrote:

                > Say I have such a buffer <<EOF
                >
                >
                >
                > hi guys
                >
                >
                >
                > EOF
                >
                > (the buffer is between the EOFs)
                >
                > ... and lets say I do a "dip" in the space above "hi guys" and the space
                > below it. The action on the top is it will delete all the space above
                > "hi guys". The action on the bottom is it will delete all the space but
                > leave one empty line. I don't think this is desired.
                >
                > Similarly, "vip" in the part below "hi guys" will highlight all but the
                > last line. At the top it will highlight all.
                >
                > I noticed this because I frequently use "dip" to delete large spaces
                > between lines.

                I see the problem. I'll add it to the todo list.

                --
                "Software is like sex... it's better when it's free."
                -- Linus Torvalds, initiator of the free Linux OS
                Makes me wonder what FSF stands for...?

                /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
                /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
                \\\ download, build and distribute -- http://www.A-A-P.org ///
                \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://www.ICCF.nl ///
              • Keyan Ghazi-Zahedi
                another aspect: if you include section{} somewhere in the file, spell works fine for the latex file. dont know if it helps thought
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  another aspect:

                  if you include \section{} somewhere in the file, spell works fine for
                  the latex file.

                  dont know if it helps thought
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.