":" cinkeys oddity in c++ files

  • Chris Larson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2 9:36 AM
      Greetings,

      There seems to be a minor oddity in the behavior of the ":" option for
      cinkeys when used in c++ files. The help states that it does not do so when
      calling a static method in c++ files using ::, however, when you hit the first
      :, it does move to beginning of line, then upon hitting the second, moves
      back up.

      This makes sense, however, I just encountered a behavior where when it
      moved it back up, it used my current indentation settings to do so, rather than
      restoring the original indentation. It's a minor oddity, since I really should
      have set up a modeline for the file to match the indentation settings of the
      file, but even so, I think that for an option like ":", it should restore the
      original indentation, as the help implies that it won't affect things for :: in
      c++ files.

      Thanks,
      --
      Chris Larson - kergoth at handhelds dot org
      Software Engineer - Computer Sciences Corporation - clarson2 at csc dot com