Vim7 in CMD.EXE

  • Aaron Griffin
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      Ok, I may be wrong here, because I don't recollect using vim6.X in cmd
      at all, but I seem to remember there wasn't this forced delay.

      In vim7, the screen blanks with a "Press Enter to Continue" screen,
      which sometimes doesn't even display.

      I'd assume this is some fault of the windows 'terminal' not being
      very...complex, but is there any way around this?
    • A. J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
        Aaron Griffin wrote:
        > Ok, I may be wrong here, because I don't recollect using vim6.X in cmd
        > at all, but I seem to remember there wasn't this forced delay.
        >
        > In vim7, the screen blanks with a "Press Enter to Continue" screen,
        > which sometimes doesn't even display.
        >
        > I'd assume this is some fault of the windows 'terminal' not being
        > very...complex, but is there any way around this?

        WORKSFORME... could be something in your vimrc. What happens if you load

        vim -N -u NONE

        (i.e., no vimrc, no plugins, and no editfile)? Also, does the delay
        happen with any (or no) editfile, or only with some filetypes?

      • George Reilly
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
          > From: "A. J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...>
          > Aaron Griffin wrote:
          > > Ok, I may be wrong here, because I don't recollect using vim6.X in cmd
          > > at all, but I seem to remember there wasn't this forced delay.
          > >
          > > In vim7, the screen blanks with a "Press Enter to Continue" screen,
          > > which sometimes doesn't even display.
          > >
          > > I'd assume this is some fault of the windows 'terminal' not being
          > > very...complex, but is there any way around this?
          >
          > WORKSFORME... could be something in your vimrc. What happens if you load
          >
          > vim -N -u NONE
          >
          > (i.e., no vimrc, no plugins, and no editfile)? Also, does the delay
          > happen with any (or no) editfile, or only with some filetypes?

          Aaron, which version of Windows? For example, Windows XP Pro SP2. I've seen the console version behave somewhat differently on different flavors of Windows.
          --
          /George V. Reilly mailto:george@...
          http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog/