Re: Paste bug in mswin.vim and menu.vim (plus the fix)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      Tony Apuzzo wrote:

      > I found a bug in mswin.vim and menu.vim relating to the <SID>Paste
      > function in gvim 6.4 (also in latest vim7 cvs sources). The special
      > Paste func does not protect itself from remapped normal commands. For
      > example, if you remap ` in normal, <C-V> and Edit-->Paste will do
      > strange things.
      >
      > To fix it, replace all instances of "normal" with "normal!" in both
      > files. Not sure if this is a production-quality fix but it does solve
      > my problem. Hope it helps someone else too.
      >
      > Such a trivial fix that I'm not sure a patch is needed, but here it is.
      > I don't know if it is safe to include the ESC character in the text of
      > the email, in which case the following patch may not come through
      > cleanly:

      Apparently nobody ran into this problem yet. I'll include the patch,
      thanks!

      231. You sprinkle Carpet Fresh on the rugs and put your vacuum cleaner
      in the front doorway permanently so it always looks like you are
      actually attempting to do something about that mess that has amassed
      since you discovered the Internet.