Re: netbeans-interface

  • Sebastian Menge
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2006
      Am Montag, den 30.01.2006, 15:53 +0100 schrieb Pavel Tavoda:
      > > On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 at 6:54pm, Pavel Tavoda wrote:
      > > > To get feedback of "command was done" you can do:
      > > > send command
      > > > :echo "ABCDEF"
      > > > And on input you can have something like:
      > > > [esc...ABCDEF[esc...

      Could you explain that in more detail? How would you realize the nice
      distinction between
      * Commands (from outside to vim)
      * Functions (from outside to vim with some "reply")
      * Events (thrown by vim)

      (:help netbeans-protocol)

      > > > Which other kind of status you would like to get?
      > > > I was also playing with Netbeans however this interface is crippled.
      > >
      > > Can you tell why you think it is crippled?
      > If I remember good. It's like remote controll of VIM. You can set many
      > aspects however it's not useful for true VIM embeding.

      What do you miss, what is to complicated!?

      In fact, before knowing the protocol I thought about implementing
      something similar myself. But now I like it :-). And guess what: emacs
      implements it too >:)

      Sebastian.