Re: about another bug

    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
      Matt Zyzik wrote:

      > It's not so much that I wanted to change the behavior of "e"; but rather
      > "ge". I was hoping "ge" could behave more like "e".
      > Of course the best would be that in addition to an option in 'cpoptions'.
      >
      > You could also use 'cpoptions' to have a way to switch back and forth
      > with the behaviors of "Y" and "cw". There is help in the help file on
      > how to do this; however, it recommends doing this: ":map cw dwi"; which
      > isn't the best solution because you cannot use "." with it.

      'cpoptions' is for things to behave Vi compatible. It's not for
      something that wasn't present in Vi.

      It's a choice whether "ge" should behave like "w" and "b" to stop in an
      empty line, or be the opposite of "e", which doesn't stop in an empty
      line. I think it's better to leave it as it is. Changing it or adding
      an option that changes it behavior will not improve the usability of
      Vim.

      I know that "cw" doesn't work logically, but I'm used to it and wouldn't
      want it to work differently now. I think most long-term Vi and Vim
      users have the same opinion.

      6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.