Re: admin, please, blacklist this user

  • Peter Princz
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
      > Ted Arnold,
      > (definitely superior to this sorry ass collection of mis-fits)

      Hi Ted,

      no doubt you are really superior to us little vim-weenies, see below
      why. But in that case you could answer at least one email related to
      vim thus taking your share in either supporting this great community,
      or just proving you are superior.
      So far, the only field where you showed your superiority, is offense
      and misbehaviour.
      Now it' s a great time to show us you know vim. Otherwise I have to
      think you must be a frustrated little emacs-weenie who forgot to take
      his drugs for today...
      But before you leave, please do us a favour and let us know your
      favourite text editor. That way we could do our very best to avoid it
      in the rest of our lives. I think it must be related to your mental
      illness, at least I haven't observed this level of aggressivity on vim
      users. :)

      Peace,
      Peter

      --
      Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
    • Matt Zyzik
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
        darn it; he got me. the guy who declared himself to be a shithead in
        his first email is actually semi-smart.

        FINE!

        Ted, I ask of you, nicely, please unsubscribe from this list. Pretty
        please.

        On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 08:54:17AM -0800, Ted Arnold wrote:
        > mzyzik@... wrote:
        > >
        > >We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
        > >by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.
        >
        > Matt, for you, and you only, if you ask real nice I'll unsubscribe.
        >
        > Ted Arnold
        >

        > >--Matt

        > >>Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
        > >>"There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
        > >>
        > >>The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
        > >>faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
        > >>Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
        > >>all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
        > >>the list.
        > >>
        > >>Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
        > >>who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
        > >>anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
        > >>playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
        > >>
        > >>Happy New Year,
        > >>Tony.

      • Ted Arnold
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
          Matt Zyzik wrote:

          > Ted, I ask of you, nicely, please unsubscribe from this list. Pretty
          > please.

          Oh go fuck yourself. (I can't believe how stupid you weenies are)

          HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

          Ted Arnold,
          (far superior to the vim weenies)

          no go play with the "e"/"ge" shit, you dunce
        • Eddine
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
            This guy is insane.

            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
              Matt Zyzik wrote:

              > It's not so much that I wanted to change the behavior of "e"; but rather
              > "ge". I was hoping "ge" could behave more like "e".
              > Of course the best would be that in addition to an option in 'cpoptions'.
              >
              > You could also use 'cpoptions' to have a way to switch back and forth
              > with the behaviors of "Y" and "cw". There is help in the help file on
              > how to do this; however, it recommends doing this: ":map cw dwi"; which
              > isn't the best solution because you cannot use "." with it.

              'cpoptions' is for things to behave Vi compatible. It's not for
              something that wasn't present in Vi.

              It's a choice whether "ge" should behave like "w" and "b" to stop in an
              empty line, or be the opposite of "e", which doesn't stop in an empty
              line. I think it's better to leave it as it is. Changing it or adding
              an option that changes it behavior will not improve the usability of
              Vim.

              I know that "cw" doesn't work logically, but I'm used to it and wouldn't
              want it to work differently now. I think most long-term Vi and Vim
              users have the same opinion.

              6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.