Re: admin, please, blacklist this user

  • Ted Arnold
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
      A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
      > Ted Arnold wrote:
      >
      >>Lubomir Host wrote:

      >>>Dear administrator of vim-dev mailinglist,
      >>>
      >>>please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
      >>>from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.
      >>
      >>Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
      >>
      >>Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
      >>already.
      >>
      >>What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
      >>

      > The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
      > faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
      > Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
      > all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
      > the list.

      I'd say you're fucked.

      But I do enjoy seeing you whine and beg.

      This is really just more piss-poor planning by you incompetent little shits. Isn't it, tony, old boy.

      Ted Arnold,
      (definitely superior to this sorry ass collection of mis-fits)
    • mzyzik@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
        All,

        Clearly this guy is not deaf; as he's carefully scrutinizing my emails.

        He knows how to unsubscribe and is purposely being an idiot. I used to
        do this sort of thing when I was in kindergarten; so I can totally relate.

        We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
        by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.

        --Matt

        On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 05:19:11PM +0100, A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
        > Ted Arnold wrote:
        > > Lubomir Host wrote:

        > >> Dear administrator of vim-dev mailinglist,
        > >>
        > >> please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
        > >> from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.
        > >
        > > Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
        > >
        > > Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
        > > already.
        > >
        > > What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
        > >

        > Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
        > "There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
        >
        > The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
        > faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
        > Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
        > all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
        > the list.
        >
        > Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
        > who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
        > anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
        > playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
        >
        > Happy New Year,
        > Tony.

      • Peter Princz
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
          > Ted Arnold,
          > (definitely superior to this sorry ass collection of mis-fits)

          Hi Ted,

          no doubt you are really superior to us little vim-weenies, see below
          why. But in that case you could answer at least one email related to
          vim thus taking your share in either supporting this great community,
          or just proving you are superior.
          So far, the only field where you showed your superiority, is offense
          and misbehaviour.
          Now it' s a great time to show us you know vim. Otherwise I have to
          think you must be a frustrated little emacs-weenie who forgot to take
          his drugs for today...
          But before you leave, please do us a favour and let us know your
          favourite text editor. That way we could do our very best to avoid it
          in the rest of our lives. I think it must be related to your mental
          illness, at least I haven't observed this level of aggressivity on vim
          users. :)

          Peace,
          Peter

          --
          Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
        • Ted Arnold
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
            mzyzik@... wrote:

            > We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
            > by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.

            Matt, for you, and you only, if you ask real nice I'll unsubscribe.

            Ted Arnold

            > --Matt
            >
            > On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 05:19:11PM +0100, A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
            >
            >>Ted Arnold wrote:

            >>>Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
            >>>
            >>>Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
            >>>already.
            >>>
            >>>What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
            >>>

            >>Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
            >>"There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
            >>
            >>The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
            >>faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
            >>Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
            >>all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
            >>the list.
            >>
            >>Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
            >>who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
            >>anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
            >>playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
            >>
            >>Happy New Year,
            >>Tony.

          • Matt Zyzik
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
              darn it; he got me. the guy who declared himself to be a shithead in
              his first email is actually semi-smart.

              FINE!

              Ted, I ask of you, nicely, please unsubscribe from this list. Pretty
              please.

              On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 08:54:17AM -0800, Ted Arnold wrote:
              > mzyzik@... wrote:
              > >
              > >We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
              > >by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.
              >
              > Matt, for you, and you only, if you ask real nice I'll unsubscribe.
              >
              > Ted Arnold
              >

              > >--Matt

              > >>Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
              > >>"There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
              > >>
              > >>The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
              > >>faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
              > >>Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
              > >>all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
              > >>the list.
              > >>
              > >>Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
              > >>who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
              > >>anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
              > >>playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
              > >>
              > >>Happy New Year,
              > >>Tony.

            • Ted Arnold
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                Matt Zyzik wrote:

                > Ted, I ask of you, nicely, please unsubscribe from this list. Pretty
                > please.

                Oh go fuck yourself. (I can't believe how stupid you weenies are)

                HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

                Ted Arnold,
                (far superior to the vim weenies)

                no go play with the "e"/"ge" shit, you dunce
              • Eddine
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                  This guy is insane.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                    Matt Zyzik wrote:

                    > It's not so much that I wanted to change the behavior of "e"; but rather
                    > "ge". I was hoping "ge" could behave more like "e".
                    > Of course the best would be that in addition to an option in 'cpoptions'.
                    >
                    > You could also use 'cpoptions' to have a way to switch back and forth
                    > with the behaviors of "Y" and "cw". There is help in the help file on
                    > how to do this; however, it recommends doing this: ":map cw dwi"; which
                    > isn't the best solution because you cannot use "." with it.

                    'cpoptions' is for things to behave Vi compatible. It's not for
                    something that wasn't present in Vi.

                    It's a choice whether "ge" should behave like "w" and "b" to stop in an
                    empty line, or be the opposite of "e", which doesn't stop in an empty
                    line. I think it's better to leave it as it is. Changing it or adding
                    an option that changes it behavior will not improve the usability of
                    Vim.

                    I know that "cw" doesn't work logically, but I'm used to it and wouldn't
                    want it to work differently now. I think most long-term Vi and Vim
                    users have the same opinion.

                    6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.