Re: admin, please, blacklist this user

  • gorgyd@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hi!

      I don't think that the person who calls himself Ted
      Arnold just wants to be unsubscribed from the list. I
      don't think, that he does not know how to unsubscribe,
      since unsubscribing is as easy as subscribing, what
      the person who calls himself Ted Arnold has done at
      least twice until now:

      ta4@...
      ta5@...

      I suppose, that we will see a Ted Arnold
      ta6@..., too. He seems to switch his email
      address as soon as it is highly probable having been
      added to the kill files of most users.

      Best regards,
      Georg

      --- "A. J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...>
      wrote:

      > Ted, you've been told several times how to
      > unsubscribe yourself.
      > "There's no worse deaf person than he who will not
      > listen."

    • Edward L. Fox
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hi Rajo,

        2006/1/3, Lubomir Host <rajo@...>:
        > [...]
        > -----------------------------------%<-----------------------------------
        > # telnet idea.platon.sk 25
        > Trying 195.168.3.8...
        > Connected to idea.platon.sk.
        > Escape character is '^]'.
        > 220 Idea.Platon.SK ESMTP
        > helo vim.org
        > 250 Idea.Platon.SK
        > mail from: <ta5@...>
        > 250 Ok
        > rcpt to:<troll@...>
        > 504 <ta5@...>: Sender address rejected: Ted Arnold <ta5@...> is stupid troll so we don't receive messages from him. Add them to blacklist too.
        > quit
        > 221 Bye
        > Connection closed by foreign host.
        > -----------------------------------%<-----------------------------------

        I'm sorry but I can't understand these commands. Could you please tell
        me what they stand for?

        By the way, Ted-the-troll has another E-mail address ta4@...
        (may be more), could you please block that, too?

        > [...]

        Best regards!

        Edward L. Fox
      • Ted Arnold
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
          A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
          > Ted Arnold wrote:
          >
          >>Lubomir Host wrote:

          >>>Dear administrator of vim-dev mailinglist,
          >>>
          >>>please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
          >>>from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.
          >>
          >>Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
          >>
          >>Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
          >>already.
          >>
          >>What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
          >>

          > The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
          > faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
          > Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
          > all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
          > the list.

          I'd say you're fucked.

          But I do enjoy seeing you whine and beg.

          This is really just more piss-poor planning by you incompetent little shits. Isn't it, tony, old boy.

          Ted Arnold,
          (definitely superior to this sorry ass collection of mis-fits)
        • mzyzik@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
            All,

            Clearly this guy is not deaf; as he's carefully scrutinizing my emails.

            He knows how to unsubscribe and is purposely being an idiot. I used to
            do this sort of thing when I was in kindergarten; so I can totally relate.

            We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
            by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.

            --Matt

            On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 05:19:11PM +0100, A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
            > Ted Arnold wrote:
            > > Lubomir Host wrote:

            > >> Dear administrator of vim-dev mailinglist,
            > >>
            > >> please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
            > >> from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.
            > >
            > > Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
            > >
            > > Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
            > > already.
            > >
            > > What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
            > >

            > Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
            > "There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
            >
            > The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
            > faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
            > Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
            > all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
            > the list.
            >
            > Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
            > who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
            > anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
            > playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
            >
            > Happy New Year,
            > Tony.

          • Peter Princz
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
              > Ted Arnold,
              > (definitely superior to this sorry ass collection of mis-fits)

              Hi Ted,

              no doubt you are really superior to us little vim-weenies, see below
              why. But in that case you could answer at least one email related to
              vim thus taking your share in either supporting this great community,
              or just proving you are superior.
              So far, the only field where you showed your superiority, is offense
              and misbehaviour.
              Now it' s a great time to show us you know vim. Otherwise I have to
              think you must be a frustrated little emacs-weenie who forgot to take
              his drugs for today...
              But before you leave, please do us a favour and let us know your
              favourite text editor. That way we could do our very best to avoid it
              in the rest of our lives. I think it must be related to your mental
              illness, at least I haven't observed this level of aggressivity on vim
              users. :)

              Peace,
              Peter

              --
              Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
            • Ted Arnold
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                mzyzik@... wrote:

                > We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
                > by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.

                Matt, for you, and you only, if you ask real nice I'll unsubscribe.

                Ted Arnold

                > --Matt
                >
                > On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 05:19:11PM +0100, A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
                >
                >>Ted Arnold wrote:

                >>>Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
                >>>
                >>>Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
                >>>already.
                >>>
                >>>What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
                >>>

                >>Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
                >>"There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
                >>
                >>The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
                >>faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
                >>Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
                >>all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
                >>the list.
                >>
                >>Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
                >>who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
                >>anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
                >>playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
                >>
                >>Happy New Year,
                >>Tony.

              • Matt Zyzik
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                  darn it; he got me. the guy who declared himself to be a shithead in
                  his first email is actually semi-smart.

                  FINE!

                  Ted, I ask of you, nicely, please unsubscribe from this list. Pretty
                  please.

                  On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 08:54:17AM -0800, Ted Arnold wrote:
                  > mzyzik@... wrote:
                  > >
                  > >We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
                  > >by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.
                  >
                  > Matt, for you, and you only, if you ask real nice I'll unsubscribe.
                  >
                  > Ted Arnold
                  >

                  > >--Matt

                  > >>Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
                  > >>"There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
                  > >>
                  > >>The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
                  > >>faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
                  > >>Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
                  > >>all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
                  > >>the list.
                  > >>
                  > >>Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
                  > >>who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
                  > >>anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
                  > >>playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
                  > >>
                  > >>Happy New Year,
                  > >>Tony.

                • Ted Arnold
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                    Matt Zyzik wrote:

                    > Ted, I ask of you, nicely, please unsubscribe from this list. Pretty
                    > please.

                    Oh go fuck yourself. (I can't believe how stupid you weenies are)

                    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

                    Ted Arnold,
                    (far superior to the vim weenies)

                    no go play with the "e"/"ge" shit, you dunce
                  • Eddine
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                      This guy is insane.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                        Matt Zyzik wrote:

                        > It's not so much that I wanted to change the behavior of "e"; but rather
                        > "ge". I was hoping "ge" could behave more like "e".
                        > Of course the best would be that in addition to an option in 'cpoptions'.
                        >
                        > You could also use 'cpoptions' to have a way to switch back and forth
                        > with the behaviors of "Y" and "cw". There is help in the help file on
                        > how to do this; however, it recommends doing this: ":map cw dwi"; which
                        > isn't the best solution because you cannot use "." with it.

                        'cpoptions' is for things to behave Vi compatible. It's not for
                        something that wasn't present in Vi.

                        It's a choice whether "ge" should behave like "w" and "b" to stop in an
                        empty line, or be the opposite of "e", which doesn't stop in an empty
                        line. I think it's better to leave it as it is. Changing it or adding
                        an option that changes it behavior will not improve the usability of
                        Vim.

                        I know that "cw" doesn't work logically, but I'm used to it and wouldn't
                        want it to work differently now. I think most long-term Vi and Vim
                        users have the same opinion.

                        6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.