Re: admin, please, blacklist this user

  • Ted Arnold
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
      Lubomir Host wrote:
      > On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 07:38:55AM -0800, Ted Arnold wrote:
      >
      >>Matt Zyzik wrote:
      >>
      >>>All,
      >>>
      >>>Maybe I should clarify my last email because I didn't get a response.
      >>
      >>Matt, your question is stupid. Please don't bother us with stupid
      >>questions.
      >>
      >>Thank you,
      >>Ted Arnold, Chief Vim Programmer
      >

      > Dear administrator of vim-dev mailinglist,
      >
      > please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
      > from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.

      Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.

      Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this already.

      What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
    • Ted Arnold
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
        Lubomir Host wrote:

        > please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
        > from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.

        I think it's fitting that a vim weenie cannot manage his spam filter.

        oh yes, I'm going to have some fun with you incompetent little weenies.

        Ted Arnold
        (definitely superior to this group)
      • A. J. Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
          Ted Arnold wrote:
          > Lubomir Host wrote:

          >>> Matt, your question is stupid. Please don't bother us with stupid
          >>> questions.
          >>>
          >>> Thank you,
          >>> Ted Arnold, Chief Vim Programmer
          >>

          >> Dear administrator of vim-dev mailinglist,
          >>
          >> please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
          >> from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.
          >
          > Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
          >
          > Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
          > already.
          >
          > What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.

          Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
          "There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."

          The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
          faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
          Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
          all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
          the list.

          Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
          who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
          anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
          playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.

          Happy New Year,
          Tony.
        • Lubomir Host
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
            On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 08:11:30AM -0800, Ted Arnold wrote:
            > Lubomir Host wrote:
            > >
            > >please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
            > >from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.
            >
            > I think it's fitting that a vim weenie cannot manage his spam filter.
            > oh yes, I'm going to have some fun with you incompetent little weenies.
            >
            > Ted Arnold

            You wanna fight? OK. ;-) Your message was the last. Sorry.

            -----------------------------------%<-----------------------------------
            # telnet idea.platon.sk 25
            Trying 195.168.3.8...
            Connected to idea.platon.sk.
            Escape character is '^]'.
            220 Idea.Platon.SK ESMTP
            helo vim.org
            250 Idea.Platon.SK
            mail from: <ta5@...>
            250 Ok
            rcpt to:<troll@...>
            504 <ta5@...>: Sender address rejected: Ted Arnold <ta5@...> is stupid troll so we don't receive messages from him. Add them to blacklist too.
            quit
            221 Bye
            Connection closed by foreign host.
            -----------------------------------%<-----------------------------------

            rajo

            --
            Lubomir Host 'rajo' <rajo AT platon.sk> ICQ #: 257322664 ,''`.
            Platon Group http://platon.sk/ : :' :
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
              Hi!

              I don't think that the person who calls himself Ted
              Arnold just wants to be unsubscribed from the list. I
              don't think, that he does not know how to unsubscribe,
              since unsubscribing is as easy as subscribing, what
              the person who calls himself Ted Arnold has done at
              least twice until now:

              ta4@...
              ta5@...

              I suppose, that we will see a Ted Arnold
              ta6@..., too. He seems to switch his email
              address as soon as it is highly probable having been
              added to the kill files of most users.

              Best regards,
              Georg

              --- "A. J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...>
              wrote:

              > Ted, you've been told several times how to
              > unsubscribe yourself.
              > "There's no worse deaf person than he who will not
              > listen."

            • Edward L. Fox
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                Hi Rajo,

                2006/1/3, Lubomir Host <rajo@...>:
                > [...]
                > -----------------------------------%<-----------------------------------
                > # telnet idea.platon.sk 25
                > Trying 195.168.3.8...
                > Connected to idea.platon.sk.
                > Escape character is '^]'.
                > 220 Idea.Platon.SK ESMTP
                > helo vim.org
                > 250 Idea.Platon.SK
                > mail from: <ta5@...>
                > 250 Ok
                > rcpt to:<troll@...>
                > 504 <ta5@...>: Sender address rejected: Ted Arnold <ta5@...> is stupid troll so we don't receive messages from him. Add them to blacklist too.
                > quit
                > 221 Bye
                > Connection closed by foreign host.
                > -----------------------------------%<-----------------------------------

                I'm sorry but I can't understand these commands. Could you please tell
                me what they stand for?

                By the way, Ted-the-troll has another E-mail address ta4@...
                (may be more), could you please block that, too?

                > [...]

                Best regards!

                Edward L. Fox
              • Ted Arnold
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                  A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
                  > Ted Arnold wrote:
                  >
                  >>Lubomir Host wrote:

                  >>>Dear administrator of vim-dev mailinglist,
                  >>>
                  >>>please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
                  >>>from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.
                  >>
                  >>Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
                  >>
                  >>Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
                  >>already.
                  >>
                  >>What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
                  >>

                  > The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
                  > faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
                  > Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
                  > all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
                  > the list.

                  I'd say you're fucked.

                  But I do enjoy seeing you whine and beg.

                  This is really just more piss-poor planning by you incompetent little shits. Isn't it, tony, old boy.

                  Ted Arnold,
                  (definitely superior to this sorry ass collection of mis-fits)
                • mzyzik@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                    All,

                    Clearly this guy is not deaf; as he's carefully scrutinizing my emails.

                    He knows how to unsubscribe and is purposely being an idiot. I used to
                    do this sort of thing when I was in kindergarten; so I can totally relate.

                    We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
                    by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.

                    --Matt

                    On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 05:19:11PM +0100, A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
                    > Ted Arnold wrote:
                    > > Lubomir Host wrote:

                    > >> Dear administrator of vim-dev mailinglist,
                    > >>
                    > >> please, can you add Ted Arnold <ta5@...> to blacklist? Messages
                    > >> from him can't be correctly filtered by spam filters.
                    > >
                    > > Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
                    > >
                    > > Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
                    > > already.
                    > >
                    > > What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
                    > >

                    > Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
                    > "There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
                    >
                    > The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
                    > faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
                    > Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
                    > all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
                    > the list.
                    >
                    > Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
                    > who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
                    > anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
                    > playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
                    >
                    > Happy New Year,
                    > Tony.

                  • Peter Princz
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                      > Ted Arnold,
                      > (definitely superior to this sorry ass collection of mis-fits)

                      Hi Ted,

                      no doubt you are really superior to us little vim-weenies, see below
                      why. But in that case you could answer at least one email related to
                      vim thus taking your share in either supporting this great community,
                      or just proving you are superior.
                      So far, the only field where you showed your superiority, is offense
                      and misbehaviour.
                      Now it' s a great time to show us you know vim. Otherwise I have to
                      think you must be a frustrated little emacs-weenie who forgot to take
                      his drugs for today...
                      But before you leave, please do us a favour and let us know your
                      favourite text editor. That way we could do our very best to avoid it
                      in the rest of our lives. I think it must be related to your mental
                      illness, at least I haven't observed this level of aggressivity on vim
                      users. :)

                      Peace,
                      Peter

                      --
                      Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
                    • Ted Arnold
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                        mzyzik@... wrote:

                        > We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
                        > by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.

                        Matt, for you, and you only, if you ask real nice I'll unsubscribe.

                        Ted Arnold

                        > --Matt
                        >
                        > On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 05:19:11PM +0100, A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
                        >
                        >>Ted Arnold wrote:

                        >>>Now your talking, Lubomir. I vote for that.
                        >>>
                        >>>Who is the incompetent weenie administrator, that he hasn't done this
                        >>>already.
                        >>>
                        >>>What a collection of fucking losers you vim people are.
                        >>>

                        >>Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
                        >>"There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
                        >>
                        >>The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
                        >>faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
                        >>Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
                        >>all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
                        >>the list.
                        >>
                        >>Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
                        >>who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
                        >>anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
                        >>playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
                        >>
                        >>Happy New Year,
                        >>Tony.

                      • Matt Zyzik
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                          darn it; he got me. the guy who declared himself to be a shithead in
                          his first email is actually semi-smart.

                          FINE!

                          Ted, I ask of you, nicely, please unsubscribe from this list. Pretty
                          please.

                          On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 08:54:17AM -0800, Ted Arnold wrote:
                          > mzyzik@... wrote:
                          > >
                          > >We're at the mercy of the admins; because this idiot won't unsubscribe
                          > >by himself. Don't tell him to unsubscribe; he won't do it.
                          >
                          > Matt, for you, and you only, if you ask real nice I'll unsubscribe.
                          >
                          > Ted Arnold
                          >

                          > >--Matt

                          > >>Ted, you've been told several times how to unsubscribe yourself.
                          > >>"There's no worse deaf person than he who will not listen."
                          > >>
                          > >>The administrator of the vim lists is an overworked member of the math
                          > >>faculty at Berlin Free University; Bram lives in Venlo (The
                          > >>Netherlands), I'm in Brussels (Belgium) and the rest of the users are
                          > >>all over the world. Most of us have no administrative privileges over
                          > >>the list.
                          > >>
                          > >>Now how to unsubscribe hangs not on what you write in your emails but on
                          > >>who you send them to: send an email to vim-unsubscribe@... and
                          > >>anything or even be empty) and by this time tomorrow (if you stop
                          > >>playing the fool) you can be unsubscribed for good.
                          > >>
                          > >>Happy New Year,
                          > >>Tony.

                        • Ted Arnold
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                            Matt Zyzik wrote:

                            > Ted, I ask of you, nicely, please unsubscribe from this list. Pretty
                            > please.

                            Oh go fuck yourself. (I can't believe how stupid you weenies are)

                            HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

                            Ted Arnold,
                            (far superior to the vim weenies)

                            no go play with the "e"/"ge" shit, you dunce
                          • Eddine
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                              This guy is insane.

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 2, 2006
                                Matt Zyzik wrote:

                                > It's not so much that I wanted to change the behavior of "e"; but rather
                                > "ge". I was hoping "ge" could behave more like "e".
                                > Of course the best would be that in addition to an option in 'cpoptions'.
                                >
                                > You could also use 'cpoptions' to have a way to switch back and forth
                                > with the behaviors of "Y" and "cw". There is help in the help file on
                                > how to do this; however, it recommends doing this: ":map cw dwi"; which
                                > isn't the best solution because you cannot use "." with it.

                                'cpoptions' is for things to behave Vi compatible. It's not for
                                something that wasn't present in Vi.

                                It's a choice whether "ge" should behave like "w" and "b" to stop in an
                                empty line, or be the opposite of "e", which doesn't stop in an empty
                                line. I think it's better to leave it as it is. Changing it or adding
                                an option that changes it behavior will not improve the usability of
                                Vim.

                                I know that "cw" doesn't work logically, but I'm used to it and wouldn't
                                want it to work differently now. I think most long-term Vi and Vim
                                users have the same opinion.

                                6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.