Re: Is this Possible with Vim Macros?

  • Ted Arnold
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      Tim Chase wrote:
      >> Thanks a lot for your input. Now only if it can be converted a perl
      >> script, then you could use vim to quickly hack scripts and deploy them
      >> anywhere even if there is no vim installed :D
      >

      > Not being a perl user, I'm afraid I don't know much about doing such a
      > translation. However, much of what a vim script does could be
      > translated into a scripting language like perl or Python.
      > Unfortunately, you'd have to have a fairly exhaustive knowledge of
      > vimscript to do such a translation...particularly the functions and Ex
      > peculiarities.

      Tim, you are really stupid. You admit being ignorant of perl, then you make the
      stupid claim that vim scripts can be translated into perl.

      You ignorant weenie, pretending to be an expert.

      Tim, just shut the fuck up. You embarrass weenies everywhere.

      > -tim

      (btw, the weenies at vim-dev deleted me, and pushed me over here to arrass you. shows what they think of you)