RE: Vim 7 snapshot 163

  • Zdenek Sekera
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 7, 2005

      Me too.

      > It is unusual for me to get immediate
      > service from cvs.sourceforge.net.

      Idem.

      > I usually have to re-try at least
      > once, often as many as 5 times, and service is rarely fast even when
      > it does work.

      Exactly.

      > This affects multiple projects, so I assume the
      > mirroring system just isn't up to demand.
      >
      > Sometimes, it seems, you just get what you pay for.

      Arrgh.

      ---Zdenek
    • Aschwin Marsman
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 7, 2005
        On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Aschwin Marsman wrote:

        > > I looked at the mailing list archives, newest developer message
        > > is from september, newest user message is from august. Is the
        > > Yzis project still alive?
        >
        > Most projects have a quick start and then run into the bulky/difficult
        > work, which is when progress slows down a lot. I think that's what is
        > happening. Whether they get going again remains to be seen...

        But doesn't this leave kde users with a bad choice?

        All Qt/KDE related vim options seam to have vanished.

        How bad was the KDE/Qt support in vim7? Is it fixable?

        Best regards,

        Aschwin Marsman

        --
        aschwin@... http://www.marsman.org
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 8, 2005
          Aschwin Marsman wrote:

          > > > I looked at the mailing list archives, newest developer message
          > > > is from september, newest user message is from august. Is the
          > > > Yzis project still alive?
          > >
          > > Most projects have a quick start and then run into the bulky/difficult
          > > work, which is when progress slows down a lot. I think that's what is
          > > happening. Whether they get going again remains to be seen...
          >
          > But doesn't this leave kde users with a bad choice?
          >
          > All Qt/KDE related vim options seam to have vanished.

          The KDE GUI version that uses the Qt library was removed, yes.

          > How bad was the KDE/Qt support in vim7?

          Depending on the environment Vim would hang on startup, not show
          any text and have resizing problems.

          > Is it fixable?

          Of course it's fixable. The GTK version works just fine under KDE. But
          if nobody does the work and there is no hope for someone doing it then I
          give up.

          --
          A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
          Paul Erdos