Re: Context menu and cindent

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:40:43PM -0500, Allen Castaban wrote:
      > When I start VIM from the Windows Context menu, my cindent is turned
      > off, although I have it turned on in my vimrc file. When I start it
      > regular way, it is OK
      > Is this a bug a feature gvimext.dll? How can I fix it?
      > (I am using 6.3 in Windows 2000)
      > Thanks

      I can think of three explanations:

      1. Some other file is being :source'd after your vimrc file, changing
      the value of cindent.

      2. Your vimrc file is not being :source'd.

      3. There is a bug in vim.

      You should be able to figure out which it is using

      :verbose set cindent?
      :scriptnames

      and perhaps by adding some diagnostics to your vimrc file, for example

      call confirm('Start of vimrc file')
      call confirm('End of vimrc file')

      or

      let foo = 'Start of vimrc file 30 November 2005'
      let bar = 'End of vimrc file 30 November 2005'

      HTH --Benji Fisher