Re: glob() behavior

  • Milan Vancura
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
      Hi all,

      > > The glob() function in Vim does its work more or less like how
      > > ":e <pattern>" is expanded. Editing a broken symlink is not useful.

      At least you should be warned that you edit a file which already exists, so you
      will lost the original one when you do ":w". It means ":w" should not allow
      this (":w!" yes).

      Symblic links, even the broken ones, hold useful information. And it is
      generaly bad idea to silently rewrite something without user's confirmation.

      So I vote for patch of ":w" function.

      Milan Vancura