Bug? Select-mode and composing characters

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2005
      Bug?

      When starting select-mode in gvim (e.g. by Shift-Right followed by
      Shift-Left) on a single screen cell containing both a spacing character
      (e.g. U+0644 ARABIC LETTER LAM) and a combining character (e.g. U+064E
      ARABIC FATHA), then hitting a printing-character key replaces only the
      combining character; the spacing character is pushed right of the
      cursor. (FYI, I had set delcombine arabicshape norightleft
      selection=inclusive and it was neither the start nor the end of the text
      line.)

      Behaviour is normal (spacing and composing characters get replaced
      together) when the selection is more than one screen cell, or when using
      the Normal-mode r command (which, however, only "replaces by" one
      character).

      Using gvim 7.0aa.0160 on Win XP SP2.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2005
        Tony Mechelynck wrote:

        > When starting select-mode in gvim (e.g. by Shift-Right followed by
        > Shift-Left) on a single screen cell containing both a spacing character
        > (e.g. U+0644 ARABIC LETTER LAM) and a combining character (e.g. U+064E
        > ARABIC FATHA), then hitting a printing-character key replaces only the
        > combining character; the spacing character is pushed right of the
        > cursor. (FYI, I had set delcombine arabicshape norightleft
        > selection=inclusive and it was neither the start nor the end of the text
        > line.)
        >
        > Behaviour is normal (spacing and composing characters get replaced
        > together) when the selection is more than one screen cell, or when using
        > the Normal-mode r command (which, however, only "replaces by" one
        > character).
        >
        > Using gvim 7.0aa.0160 on Win XP SP2.

        It looks like this is caused by 'delcombine'. The combining char is
        deleted when it shouldn't. I'll make a note in the todo list.

        224. You set up your own Web page. You set up a Web page for each
        of your kids... and your pets.