Re: CVS Problem for Windows

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2005
      Bill McCarthy wrote:

      > I am getting the following as part of the output from CVS:
      >
      > cvs update: Updating runtime/plugin
      > C runtime/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim
      > cvs update: move away runtime/plugin/netrwPlugin.vim; it is in the way
      >
      > The problem is that I already have NetrwPlugin.vim (note the
      > capital N).
      >
      > If I delete my 'N' copy, the site downloads a 'N' version,
      > then complains that it can't update with a 'n' version.
      >
      > The 'n' version should be removed from the site. As a
      > temporary fix, the 'N' version should be the most recent.

      It is a bit confusing, the last two archives I received contained
      differntly named files. I didn't notice this, thus some files were
      present with two names. Since MS-Windows ignores case for file names
      you can't have both there.

      I now figured the last version I received had all names start with "n".
      I'll remove the others.

      201. When somebody asks you where you are, you tell them in which chat room.