Re: adding python to compilation

  • Fran├žois Pinard
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
      [Jeremy Conlin]

      >I have been downloading/installing vim 7 with aap. I haven't needed
      >python functionality until, well, now. I checked and noticed that vim
      >isn't compiled with python functionality and would like to change
      >that. Is this something that can be done with aap or do I need to
      >download/compile manually? Oh, BTW, I am using a Mac, Tiger.

      Bram foresaw the need.

      You merely have to create vim7/src/config.arg beforehand. In case
      you'll find some usable ideas, here is the script I use for installaing
      Vim7, with multi-byte and Python included, and with English and French
      dictionaries included.

      #!/bin/bash
      sourcedir=/usr/tmp
      cvsroot=:pserver:anonymous@...:80/cvsroot/vim/vim7

      produire_config() {
      mkdir -p vim7/src
      echo >> vim7/src/config.arg '--enable-multibyte'
      echo >> vim7/src/config.arg '--enable-pythoninterp'
      }

      set -ex

      if [ -d $sourcedir/vim7 ]; then
      cd $sourcedir/vim7
      [ -f src/config.arg ] || produire_config
      aap update
      else
      mkdir -p $sourcedir/vim7
      cd $sourcedir/vim7