Re: Spellchecking of abbreviations

  • Stefan Karlsson
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 8, 2005
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      >>> Strange. Can you try starting with "vim -u NONE" and ":set spell"?
      >>> Perhaps there is some setting that prevents the spell checking from
      >>> working properly.
      >>>
      >>> You do use a recent en.latin1.spl file, right? You can get it here:
      >>> ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unstable/runtime/spell/
      >>>
      >> Ooops, sorry. I forgot to mention I use spelllang=en_us,sv. For
      >> spelllang=en the "e.g." are not marked but for spelllang=en_us they are.
      >>

      > Ah, that explains. I'll add "e.g." to the other regions. These
      > dictionaries are quite inconsistent, please report other annoying
      > omissions if you find them. Although it would be good if someone can
      > take over maintenance!

      I am willing to take over maintenance of the Swedish dictionary if no
      one else has signed up.

      --
      Stefan Karlsson | stefan.74@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 9, 2005
        Stefan Karlsson wrote:

        > >> Ooops, sorry. I forgot to mention I use spelllang=en_us,sv. For
        > >> spelllang=en the "e.g." are not marked but for spelllang=en_us they are.
        > >>

        > > Ah, that explains. I'll add "e.g." to the other regions. These
        > > dictionaries are quite inconsistent, please report other annoying
        > > omissions if you find them. Although it would be good if someone can
        > > take over maintenance!
        > >

        > I am willing to take over maintenance of the Swedish dictionary if no
        > one else has signed up.

        That would be very good. You could send me the diff file once in a
        while. If the input files sv_SE.aff or sv_SE.dic change let me know and
        I'll get them again.

        You might want to avoid work by communicating with the maintainers of
        the Myspell dictionary files. Ideally the diff only contains
        Vim-specific things. But some dictaionaries appear to be outdated, thus
        we may need to diff more than that.

        --
        Are leaders born or made? And if they're made, can we return them under
        warranty?