popup menu completion

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hello,

      Popup menu completion works very nice.

      One bug IMO: currently it covers status bar.

      Feature requests: should react on mouse events (when mouse support is
      available) - scroll through list and dragging scroll bar on the left.

      m.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

        > Popup menu completion works very nice.
        >
        > One bug IMO: currently it covers status bar.

        That's hard to avoid in general, because some windows may be small.
        Mostly it's good to show as many matches as possible. I don't think you
        would need to see the status bar while you are completing a word, would
        you?

        > Feature requests: should react on mouse events (when mouse support is
        > available) - scroll through list and dragging scroll bar on the left.

        That's not simple, but I'll see if it can be made to work.

        --
        ARTHUR: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot.
        King of all Britons, defeator of the Saxons, sovereign of all England!

      • Mikolaj Machowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
          Dnia wtorek, 4 października 2005 23:51, Bram Moolenaar napisał:
          > Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
          > > Popup menu completion works very nice.
          > >
          > > One bug IMO: currently it covers status bar.
          >
          > That's hard to avoid in general, because some windows may be small.
          > Mostly it's good to show as many matches as possible. I don't think you
          > would need to see the status bar while you are completing a word, would
          > you?

          OK.

          > > Feature requests: should react on mouse events (when mouse support is
          > > available) - scroll through list and dragging scroll bar on the left.
          >
          > That's not simple, but I'll see if it can be made to work.

          Really great function. :)

          m.