Spell popup doesn't contain any word suggestions

  • Stefan Karlsson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      When I do ":set spell" and then right-click on a word marked as badly
      spelled, the popup menu *does not* contain any word suggestions.

      ":set mousemodel" shows that popup is set. Also, "z?" and other
      spell-related commands seems to work.

      I run Vim 7 dated 30 september 2005 on Windows XP.

      --
      Stefan Karlsson | stefan.74@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
        Stefan Karlsson wrote:

        > When I do ":set spell" and then right-click on a word marked as badly
        > spelled, the popup menu *does not* contain any word suggestions.
        >
        > ":set mousemodel" shows that popup is set. Also, "z?" and other
        > spell-related commands seems to work.

        One mistake I sometimes make myself, thus perhaps this is what happens
        to you: if you set 'mousemodel' to "popup" then Vim checks for a badly
        spelled word at the cursor, not at the mouse pointer. If you want the
        latter do:
        :set mousemodel=popup_setpos

        --
        The MS-Windows registry is no more hostile than any other bunch of state
        information... that is held in a binary format... a format that nobody