Feature request for vim: middle scroll mouse button support

  • William S Fulton
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2005
      Could you please consider adding in support for the middle scroll mouse
      button? Scrolling use the mouse scroll button is a lot easier than using
      CTRL-E and CTRL-Y when just reading a file, as opposed to editing a file.

      Thanks
      William
    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2005
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2005
          Tony Mechelynck wrote:
          > ----- Original Message ----- From: "William S Fulton"
          > <wsf@...>

          Many thanks. Yes, I can that it works by default on Windows and Linux,
          but not using ReflectionX as X server when connecting to my other unix
          boxes, but now I realise neither does any other program recognise the
          middle button, so it is not a vim problem.

          Thanks
          William
        • Tony Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22, 2005
            > Many thanks. Yes, I can that it works by default on Windows and Linux, but
            > not using ReflectionX as X server when connecting to my other unix boxes,
            > but now I realise neither does any other program recognise the middle
            > button, so it is not a vim problem.
            >
            > Thanks
            > William

            IIRC there is a setting for the mouse wheel in the X configuration files. Of
            course your mouse driver must be able to recognise wheel action.