Re: Occult completion

  • Suresh Govindachar
    Message 1 of 68 , Sep 11, 2005
      Quoting -- without the full context -- what
      Bram Moolenaar Sent on 11 Sep 2005 15:19:39 +0200:

      > Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

      <snip>

      >> What about completion window (like in icompletion(?) program on
      >> vim-online)?

      > Do you mean a Vim window or a separate popup window? I plan to
      > add a popup window, which is positioned just below where you are
      > typing. This will be quite a bit of work to implement for all
      > systems, but it's the only good way to show the alternatives.

      <snip>

      >> User could switch to as regular window and choose element like
      >> in error window.

      > This is going to be quite a lot of typing to get the item you
      > want. Using the mouse may become more attractive.

      <snip>

      Are you saying movement in the regular window will take more
      typing than movement in the pop-up window? Please explain because
      I would have thought just the opposite: that movement in a
      regualar window would be much easier (with support for ijkl,
      /search etc.) than in a pop-up window; and it is the pop-up
      window that would require mouse!

      --Suresh
    • Keith W. Roberts
      Message 68 of 68 , Sep 19, 2005

        Actually, in this sense, it is. Not the *desire* to include it, which is
        ultra-conservative (read reactionary), and based solely on the desire to
        make faith-based belief transcend science, but rather the attempt to so
        *broaden* the school curriculum as to include both creationism and evolution
        as "scientific" possibilities or theories. That's the most liberal
        definition of "science" *I've* ever heard. For one thing, the very
        definition of creationism precludes it from being considered a "theory".

        Close to half the population seems to think that it would be a good idea to
        teach both, so it's no wonder that any particular school board might propose
        to do so if the makeup of that board were somewhat skewed. But you notice
        it ain't happened, because all the specious arguments that have been brought
        to bear have been shot down by the courts, including the "fairness"
        argument. Besides, that's what Sunday school and parochial schools are for.

        -Keith