Re: [BUG or FEATURE REQUEST] Cannot specify a bold font in guifontin a gui_gtk2

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2005
      From: "Steve Hall" <digitect@...>
      To: "Nelson Benítez" <gnel@...>
      Cc: "Bram Moolenaar" <Bram@...>; <vim-dev@...>
      Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 10:37 PM
      Subject: Re: [BUG or FEATURE REQUEST] Cannot specify a bold font in
      guifontin a gui_gtk2

      > On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 16:29 +0000, Nelson Benítez wrote:
      >> Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >> >
      >> > :set guifont=Monospace\ Bold\ 10
      >> >
      >> > Works fine for me...
      >>
      >> Thank you :) , I tested other combinations like "Monospace\ 10\
      >> Bold" but not that in concrete... Nevertheless it's curious that it
      >> didn't exist an example guifont like that in any place I searched
      >> (google,vim pages), but now I hope google will index this email so
      >> that won't be a problem anymore :).
      >
      > If you try
      >
      > :set guifont=*
      >
      > you can use the resulting dialog to set whatever you want. Then try
      >
      > :echo &guifont
      >
      > to see what has resulted. (Remember to escape spaces to use at the
      > command line/vimrc.
      >
      > --
      > Steve Hall [ digitect mindspring com ]

      Instead of the ":echo" command above, you can also (with "+cmdline_compl"
      compiled-in, 'wildmode' nonempty and 'compatible' off) use

      :set guifont=<Tab>

      (where <Tab> means "hit the Tab key"). The current value will be filled-in
      on the command-line, with all the necessary backslash-escaping. To set that
      value every time, copy that command-line verbatim (without the colon) into
      your vimrc. You can also edit it on the command-line then hit <Enter> to
      accept the changes or <Esc> to reject the changes and go back to Normal
      mode.