RE: Default German spell file

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 25 5:04 AM
      Servatius Brandt wrote:

      > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >
      > > This is a question specifically for people speaking (or rather: reading)
      > > German.
      > >
      > > The OpenOffice.org site has three dictionaries for German:
      > >
      > > German (Germany- orig dict) de_DE
      > > German (Germany-old & neu ortho.) de_DE_comb
      > > German (Germany-neu ortho.) de_DE_neu
      > >
      > > Which one should I use by default? Perhaps allow both "old" and "neu",
      > > thus the second one?
      >
      > I'm somewhat behind on reading vim-dev, so I saw this just now.
      >
      > I suppose you found these three dictionaries on
      > http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/spell_dic.html. Note that the
      > comment for de_DE dictionary is misleading: it is NOT a dictionary for
      > the old German spelling, it is just another version for the new German
      > spelling.
      >
      > The dictionary file for the old spelling is de_OLDSPELL. You can find
      > all four dictionary files on the German OpenOffice page:
      > http://de.openoffice.org/spellcheck/about-spellcheck-detail.html

      Thanks for noticing. I'll update the script to use the de_OLDSPELL
      archive from that other site.

      It appears the consistency of the dictionary collection at OOo isn't
      very good (the Finnish one contains hyphenation stuff!). I notice the
      German page is better maintained. Causes confusion though: for Spanish
      they have es_ES instead of ca_ES. Which one is right?

      I'm not a language expert, suggestions for using the right language
      files are very welcome!

      93. New mail alarm on your palmtop annoys other churchgoers.