FYI - DrChip's plugins and their upkeep

  • drchip@campbellfamily.biz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2005
      Hello!

      Just thought I'd pass along some info on my plugins' upkeep.

      Version: ... NOT RELEASED
      means this plugin hasn't been released, although I may send it to
      someone who reported a bug. These versions may change even though
      their version number doesn't change. They're "works in progress."
      These versions are in the format \d\+\a (ie. v10c)

      Version: ... ASTRO-ONLY
      means that this plugin has been released to my website. Still somewhat
      experimental. FYI - my website is http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim
      Usually these versions are in the format \d\+\a (ie. v10c)

      Version: ...
      means that this plugin has been released to my website *and* to Bram and/or
      vim.sf.net. Usually these versions are in the format \d\+ (ie. v10).

      I've got a little Korn-shell script that helps me keep my website up-to-date
      with my latest ASTRO-ONLY (and released) versions of my plugins. So, if
      you're having a problem with one of my plugins, may I suggest:

      a) try getting a copy of the plugin from my website -- your problem may have
      been fixed already!j
      b) send me a copy of the problem. I may ask you for a copy of your .vimrc
      and your .gvimrc, may introduce you to my inside-vim debugger (Decho.vim),
      etc.

      I also keep copies of my syntax highlighting files on my website. Again,
      if we're both lucky, maybe any problems you're having have been addressed
      already! (http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#vimlinks_syntax)

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell