Re: Vim php interface.

  • Ligesh
    Message 1 of 80 , Aug 1, 2005
      On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 04:11:19AM +0530, Ligesh wrote:
      > On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 10:34:18PM +0200, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
      > > Dnia poniedzia?ek 01 sierpie? 2005 21:55, Ligesh napisa?:
      > > > tried quite a lot of stuff. I have configured in detail all the 3 text
      > > > browsers (lynx,links,w3m, I tried netrik with a lot of anticipation, but
      > >
      > > Did you try elinks?
      >
      > I meant elinks, rather than links, since that is the one that is configurable. But it faces the same problem as links. Though its rendering is 2d, the key motion is one dimentional. This is pretty much irritating, and makes it worse than lynx. (In lynx, both rendering AND key motion are single dimensional). For instance, if you want to go to a link just on the right of your current link you have to first traverse all the way down, and only then you can get to the right. And also when the cursor reaches the text area it automatically gets into input mode. (i like the w3m way where you have to first press enter after reaching the input box, and the input is entered through a prompt at the bottom) Anyway, I have very peculiar requirements, and I think my best bet is to turn vim into one.

      I just checked the latest elinks, and they have solved a lot a problems. They have added 2d keymotion, and also not getting automatically getting into input mode feature. But they do not have <C-w> delete word and so on. Anyway, I will always need some feature which I will have to write myself, and I would prefer to have a browser I can rewrite the code of.

      thanks.

      --
      :: Ligesh :: http://ligesh.com
    • François Pinard
      Message 80 of 80 , Aug 3, 2005
        [Bram Moolenar]

        > Python can do this, of course:

        > a = {'first': 'first', 'second' : 'second'}

        > class Strange:
        > """doesn't do anytning"""

        > aobject = Strange()

        > for key in a.keys():
        > aobject.__dict__[key] = a[key]

        Even faster, the last two lines could read (untested):

        aobject.__dict__.update(a)

        --
        François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca