Re: Vim php interface.

  • Ligesh
    Message 1 of 80 , Aug 1, 2005
      On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 10:34:18PM +0200, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
      > Dnia poniedzia?ek 01 sierpie? 2005 21:55, Ligesh napisa?:
      > > tried quite a lot of stuff. I have configured in detail all the 3 text
      > > browsers (lynx,links,w3m, I tried netrik with a lot of anticipation, but
      >
      > Did you try elinks?

      I meant elinks, rather than links, since that is the one that is configurable. But it faces the same problem as links. Though its rendering is 2d, the key motion is one dimentional. This is pretty much irritating, and makes it worse than lynx. (In lynx, both rendering AND key motion are single dimensional). For instance, if you want to go to a link just on the right of your current link you have to first traverse all the way down, and only then you can get to the right. And also when the cursor reaches the text area it automatically gets into input mode. (i like the w3m way where you have to first press enter after reaching the input box, and the input is entered through a prompt at the bottom) Anyway, I have very peculiar requirements, and I think my best bet is to turn vim into one.

      There are other advantages too. In emacs, I have integrated a dictionary with the browser. So, in your browser, you just put the cursor on a word and press <M-w> it will take you to the definition of the word. Google search is directly built into the browser. It is nice to directly cut and paste the web pages from the browser into file - for instance, source code snippets. Currently I have to use a mouse, and the text gets all garbled.

      Having your editor as your browser has too many advantages as far as I am concerned, and considering that I am already a vim expert, there are a trillion improvements I can make to my current browsing experience.

      But as I said, I was just stating my personal preferences, and not demanding that vim behave like a browser in its default setup. I just love to have everything tightly integrated, and I have done quite a bit of work towards that.

      thanks.

      --
      :: Ligesh :: http://ligesh.com
    • François Pinard
      Message 80 of 80 , Aug 3, 2005
        [Bram Moolenar]

        > Python can do this, of course:

        > a = {'first': 'first', 'second' : 'second'}

        > class Strange:
        > """doesn't do anytning"""

        > aobject = Strange()

        > for key in a.keys():
        > aobject.__dict__[key] = a[key]

        Even faster, the last two lines could read (untested):

        aobject.__dict__.update(a)

        --
        François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca