Patch of motion.txt

  • Bill McCarthy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hello Bram,

      I believe your latest patch of motion.txt (build 121)
      patched the description of t{char} instead of F{char}.

      t{char} should be changed to |exclusive| and F{char}
      should be changed to |inclusive|.

      Bill
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        Bill McCarthy wrote:

        > I believe your latest patch of motion.txt (build 121)
        > patched the description of t{char} instead of F{char}.
        >
        > t{char} should be changed to |exclusive| and F{char}
        > should be changed to |inclusive|.

        I only changed the text for F and T. See:
        http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/vim/vim7/runtime/doc/motion.txt?r1=1.12&r2=1.13

        I think you are confused by "t" putting the cursor just before the
        character aimed at. The motion is inclusive to include the character
        under the cursor, which is just before the character searched for.

        --
        At some point in the project somebody will start whining about the need to
        determine the project "requirements". This involves interviewing people who