Re: Vim php interface.

  • Aaron Griffin
    Message 1 of 80 , Aug 1, 2005
      On 8/1/05, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach@...> wrote:
      > Disclaimer: I am not web developer, neither know PHP but I am doing some
      > pages from time to time.
      > >
      > > Umm, I believe you're misunderstanding two things:
      > > 1) vim is an editor, nothing more - integrating web browsing goes
      > > against the principals of vim. Also, why not just use w3m?
      >
      > Ligesh choose bad example but PHP interface would be great thing for web
      > developers. Instant check validity and output of some constructions,
      > SQL queries etc. In connection with coming intellisense-like features
      > promised by Bram + some scripting could create really nice ide features.

      That stuff can be done without php being integrated into vim. That
      said, I do think it would be nice to have php integrated. I am
      personally a python fan, but know many people who script in php.

      The thing is though, where does this stop - how many interpreters need
      to be embedded into vim to satisfy everyone?
    • François Pinard
      Message 80 of 80 , Aug 3, 2005
        [Bram Moolenar]

        > Python can do this, of course:

        > a = {'first': 'first', 'second' : 'second'}

        > class Strange:
        > """doesn't do anytning"""

        > aobject = Strange()

        > for key in a.keys():
        > aobject.__dict__[key] = a[key]

        Even faster, the last two lines could read (untested):

        aobject.__dict__.update(a)

        --
        François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca