Re: Vim php interface.

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 80 , Aug 1 11:56 AM
      Dnia poniedziałek 01 sierpień 2005 19:07, Aaron Griffin napisał:
      > On 8/1/05, Ligesh <gxlists@...> wrote:
      > > I would like to know there are some plans for integrating this into
      > > the main vim source tree. I for one would love to have php interface,
      > > and I am really dying to write my own web browser with vim. I am
      > > currently using emacs-w3m as my web browser. Though the browser is
      > > good, but like all standard emacs stuff, it is damn too slow. If
      > > there is php interface, I can write a browser, and finally do away
      > > with the clumsy emacs altogether.

      Disclaimer: I am not web developer, neither know PHP but I am doing some
      pages from time to time.

      > Umm, I believe you're misunderstanding two things:
      > 1) vim is an editor, nothing more - integrating web browsing goes
      > against the principals of vim. Also, why not just use w3m?

      Ligesh choose bad example but PHP interface would be great thing for web
      developers. Instant check validity and output of some constructions,
      SQL queries etc. In connection with coming intellisense-like features
      promised by Bram + some scripting could create really nice ide features.

      m.
    • François Pinard
      Message 80 of 80 , Aug 3 10:42 AM
        [Bram Moolenar]

        > Python can do this, of course:

        > a = {'first': 'first', 'second' : 'second'}

        > class Strange:
        > """doesn't do anytning"""

        > aobject = Strange()

        > for key in a.keys():
        > aobject.__dict__[key] = a[key]

        Even faster, the last two lines could read (untested):

        aobject.__dict__.update(a)

        --
        François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca