Re: Vim php interface.

  • Aaron Griffin
    Message 1 of 80 , Aug 1, 2005
      On 8/1/05, Ligesh <gxlists@...> wrote:
      > I would like to know there are some plans for integrating this into the main vim source tree. I for one would love to have php interface, and I am really dying to write my own web browser with vim. I am currently using emacs-w3m as my web browser. Though the browser is good, but like all standard emacs stuff, it is damn too slow. If there is php interface, I can write a browser, and finally do away with the clumsy emacs altogether.

      Umm, I believe you're misunderstanding two things:
      1) vim is an editor, nothing more - integrating web browsing goes
      against the principals of vim. Also, why not just use w3m?
      2) embedding php does not imply that vim can suddenly render HTML.
      php works well for outputting raw HTML text, but doesn't do any actual
      rendering... if you really want to write a console base browser, I
      suggest you take a look at w3m's code
    • François Pinard
      Message 80 of 80 , Aug 3, 2005
        [Bram Moolenar]

        > Python can do this, of course:

        > a = {'first': 'first', 'second' : 'second'}

        > class Strange:
        > """doesn't do anytning"""

        > aobject = Strange()

        > for key in a.keys():
        > aobject.__dict__[key] = a[key]

        Even faster, the last two lines could read (untested):

        aobject.__dict__.update(a)

        --
        François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca