Re: Vim php interface.

  • Ligesh
    Message 1 of 80 , Aug 1, 2005
      Greetings.

      I would like to know if anyone has seen and/or interested in the vimphp interface effort by shin seung woo at sourceforge. the url is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpvim/

      I would like to know there are some plans for integrating this into the main vim source tree. I for one would love to have php interface, and I am really dying to write my own web browser with vim. I am currently using emacs-w3m as my web browser. Though the browser is good, but like all standard emacs stuff, it is damn too slow. If there is php interface, I can write a browser, and finally do away with the clumsy emacs altogether.

      I have really come to like php-5 (php4 cannot be called as a language, but php5 is a different matter altogether), and I think php interface would be really cool.

      Thanks in advance.

      --
      :: Ligesh :: http://ligesh.com
    • François Pinard
      Message 80 of 80 , Aug 3, 2005
        [Bram Moolenar]

        > Python can do this, of course:

        > a = {'first': 'first', 'second' : 'second'}

        > class Strange:
        > """doesn't do anytning"""

        > aobject = Strange()

        > for key in a.keys():
        > aobject.__dict__[key] = a[key]

        Even faster, the last two lines could read (untested):

        aobject.__dict__.update(a)

        --
        François Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca