Re: GVIM 7 spelling highlight woes

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2005
      Salman Halim wrote:

      > I just acquired GVIM 7.0aa-0110 from Tony Mechelynck's site (thanks
      > Tony!). My previous version was 94. The thing I've noticed is that my
      > Java source files, with 'spell' on, highlight certain bits of code as
      > spelling errors that are not inside comments. For example:
      >
      > public class asdfasdf
      >
      > The asdfasdf gets highlighted as a spelling error (it has no syntax
      > attribute attached to it), even though it's not inside a comment. In
      > version 94, this was not the case. Basically, the upgrade has caused
      > vast amounts of source code to get highlighted as spelling errors...

      This happened because the Java syntax file includes the HTML syntax
      file, which contains "syntax spell toplvel" to spell check text at the
      toplevel. But we don't want that for Java, thus the HTML syntax file
      needs to be adjusted:

      *** runtime/syntax/html.vim~ Mon Jul 18 13:51:06 2005
      --- runtime/syntax/html.vim Wed Jul 20 22:01:11 2005
      ***************
      *** 27,33 ****

      syn case ignore

      ! syn spell toplevel

      " mark illegal characters
      syn match htmlError "[<>&]"

      syn case ignore

      ! if main_syntax == "html"
      ! syn spell toplevel
      ! endif

      " mark illegal characters
      syn match htmlError "[<>&]"

      --
      FATHER: We are here today to witness the union of two young people in the
      joyful bond of the holy wedlock. Unfortunately, one of them, my son