Netrw and autocd on Vim 7

  • Halim, Salman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
      Greetings,

      I noticed that the functionality of explorer.vim was absorbed by
      netrw.vim for Vim 7. I set 'autochdir' in my _vimrc and have noticed
      that with it on, directory browsing is not consistent. The system
      frequently finds itself in a different directory than the display:
      pressing enter on a file or directory has no effect and pressing
      control-L to refresh the display causes it to refresh to a previous
      directory. Simply turning autochdir off fixes this behaviour.

      Has anybody else noticed this problem?

      It's possible that there is a combination of BufEnter/WinEnter series of
      autocommands I have set up in my plugins that causes this problem, but
      it doesn't explain (to me, at least) why the problem goes away with
      'noacd'.

      Thank you,

      Salman.
    • Suresh Govindachar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
        Halim, Salman sent on 7 Jul 2005 10:21:57 -0400:

        > I noticed that the functionality of explorer.vim was absorbed by
        > netrw.vim for Vim 7. I set 'autochdir' in my _vimrc and have noticed
        > that with it on, directory browsing is not consistent. The system
        > frequently finds itself in a different directory than the display:
        > pressing enter on a file or directory has no effect and pressing
        > control-L to refresh the display causes it to refresh to a previous
        > directory. Simply turning autochdir off fixes this behaviour.
        >
        > Has anybody else noticed this problem?
        >
        > It's possible that there is a combination of BufEnter/WinEnter series of
        > autocommands I have set up in my plugins that causes this problem, but
        > it doesn't explain (to me, at least) why the problem goes away with
        > 'noacd'.

        What I have noticed is that netrw breaks the "change to previous
        current directory" command (:help :cd-).

        --Suresh
      • David Rennalls
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
          Halim, Salman sent on 7 Jul 2005 10:21:57 -0400:
          > I noticed that the functionality of explorer.vim was absorbed by
          > netrw.vim for Vim 7. I set 'autochdir' in my _vimrc and have noticed
          > that with it on, directory browsing is not consistent. The system
          > frequently finds itself in a different directory than the display:
          > pressing enter on a file or directory has no effect and pressing
          > control-L to refresh the display causes it to refresh to a previous
          > directory. Simply turning autochdir off fixes this behaviour.
          >
          > Has anybody else noticed this problem?

          Yes I've run into the same problem but using vim 6.3, I reported this
          to Dr. Chip just yesterday actually.

          - David