colorscheme too dark (for my taste)

  • ahm.steenveld@id.umcn.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2005
      Hi,

      Colour schemes are a total subjective matter of cause but just
      cycling throug the available schemes it can't escape my mind
      that the base colour for most is blue and pretty dark
      (at a ratio of 2 to 1 between darker and lighter schemes).
      A most notable exception is pinkpuffy which my daughter
      likes. :)

      Changing a colour scheme is not difficult but creating one
      on your own might not be a trivial task to most common users.

      May I suggest to add some more colour schemes to the list?
      I've created two myself, one called 'yellow' (based on
      default.vim but with a #ffffe8 background) and another one
      called 'YellowPuffy' (shamelessly nicked from PinkPuffy but
      with the #ffffe8 background.)

      Since the schemes are not too big I'll include the text here.

      ---8<--- yellow.vim
      " Vim color file: Yellow
      " Maintainer: Andre Steenveld <a.steenveld@...>
      " Last Change: 2005 Jul 5
      " This color scheme uses a soft yellow background.

      hi clear Normal
      set bg&

      hi clear
      if exists("syntax_on")
      syntax reset
      endif

      let colors_name = "yellow"

      set background=light
      hi Normal guibg=#ffffe8 guifg=Black

      " vim: sw=2
      ---8<--- yellow.vim (end)

      ---8<--- YellowPuffy.vim
      " Vim color file: YellowPuffy
      " Maintainer: Andre Steenveld <a.steenveld@...>
      " Last Change: 2005 Jul 5
      " This color scheme uses a soft yellow background and is made
      " similar to PeachPuffy for the rest. (Hence the name!)
      " Note: Only GUI colors differ from default, on terminal it's just `light'.

      hi clear Normal
      set bg&

      hi clear
      if exists("syntax_on")
      syntax reset
      endif

      let colors_name = "YellowPuffy"

      set background=light
      hi Normal guibg=#ffffe8 guifg=Black

      " brutaly nicked from pinkpuffy on clear daylight!
      hi SpecialKey term=bold ctermfg=4 guifg=Blue
      hi NonText term=bold cterm=bold ctermfg=4 gui=bold guifg=Blue
      hi Directory term=bold ctermfg=4 guifg=Blue
      hi ErrorMsg term=standout cterm=bold ctermfg=7 ctermbg=1 gui=bold guifg=White guibg=Red
      hi IncSearch term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse
      hi Search term=reverse ctermbg=3 guibg=Gold2
      hi MoreMsg term=bold ctermfg=2 gui=bold guifg=SeaGreen
      hi ModeMsg term=bold cterm=bold gui=bold
      hi LineNr term=underline ctermfg=3 guifg=Red3
      hi Question term=standout ctermfg=2 gui=bold guifg=SeaGreen
      hi StatusLine term=bold,reverse cterm=bold,reverse gui=bold guifg=White guibg=Black
      hi StatusLineNC term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=bold guifg=#ffffe8 guibg=Gray45
      hi VertSplit term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=bold guifg=White guibg=Gray45
      hi Title term=bold ctermfg=5 gui=bold guifg=DeepPink3
      hi Visual term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse guifg=Grey80 guibg=fg
      hi VisualNOS term=bold,underline cterm=bold,underline gui=bold,underline
      hi WarningMsg term=standout ctermfg=1 gui=bold guifg=Red
      hi WildMenu term=standout ctermfg=0 ctermbg=3 guifg=Black guibg=Yellow
      hi Folded term=standout ctermfg=4 ctermbg=7 guifg=Black guibg=#e3c1a5
      hi FoldColumn term=standout ctermfg=4 ctermbg=7 guifg=DarkBlue guibg=Gray80
      hi DiffAdd term=bold ctermbg=4 guibg=White
      hi DiffChange term=bold ctermbg=5 guibg=#edb5cd
      hi DiffDelete term=bold cterm=bold ctermfg=4 ctermbg=6 gui=bold guifg=LightBlue guibg=#f6e8d0
      hi DiffText term=reverse cterm=bold ctermbg=1 gui=bold guibg=#ff8060
      hi Cursor guifg=bg guibg=fg
      hi lCursor guifg=bg guibg=fg

      " Colors for syntax highlighting
      hi Comment term=bold ctermfg=4 guifg=#406090
      hi Constant term=underline ctermfg=1 guifg=#c00058
      hi Special term=bold ctermfg=5 guifg=SlateBlue
      hi Identifier term=underline ctermfg=6 guifg=DarkCyan
      hi Statement term=bold ctermfg=3 gui=bold guifg=Brown
      hi PreProc term=underline ctermfg=5 guifg=Magenta3
      hi Type term=underline ctermfg=2 gui=bold guifg=SeaGreen
      hi Ignore cterm=bold ctermfg=7 guifg=bg
      hi Error term=reverse cterm=bold ctermfg=7 ctermbg=1 gui=bold guifg=White guibg=Red
      hi Todo term=standout ctermfg=0 ctermbg=3 guifg=Blue guibg=Yellow

      " vim: sw=2
      ---8<--- YellowPuffy.vim (end)