vim7 snapshots

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2005
      Hello,

      Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
      vim7 snapshot?

      TIA

      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 15 May)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net
    • Yegappan Lakshmanan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
        Hi,

        On 6/22/05, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach@...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
        > vim7 snapshot?

        I always do a diff for the todo.txt and version7.txt files between two
        snapshots to determine the changes/features that are introduced.
        If I want to know more about a particular change or feature, I do a
        diff between the changed source files.

        You can easily do the above from the online Vim CVS repository:
        http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/vim/vim7/

        - Yegappan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
          Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

          > Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
          > vim7 snapshot?

          I'm too lazy to make a specific list...

          You can check what items were added to runtime/doc/version7.txt, and
          what items disappeared from runtime/doc/todo.txt.

          1 49. You find your computer sexier than your girlfriend

        • Mikolaj Machowski
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
            Dnia piątek 24 czerwiec 2005 23:45, Bram Moolenaar napisał:
            > Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
            > > Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
            > > vim7 snapshot?
            >
            > I'm too lazy to make a specific list...
            >
            > You can check what items were added to runtime/doc/version7.txt, and
            > what items disappeared from runtime/doc/todo.txt.

            OK. Wanted to know before starting play with cvs diff if there is
            something easier :)

            m.
          • Bill McCarthy
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 25, 2005
              On Fri 24-Jun-05 5:14pm -0500, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

              > Dnia piątek 24 czerwiec 2005 23:45, Bram Moolenaar napisał:
              >> Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
              >> > Is anywhere information about features/changes introduced by each next
              >> > vim7 snapshot?
              >>
              >> I'm too lazy to make a specific list...
              >>
              >> You can check what items were added to
              >> runtime/doc/version7.txt, and
              >> what items disappeared from runtime/doc/todo.txt.
              >
              > OK. Wanted to know before starting play with cvs diff if there is
              > something easier :)

              There is - at least for tracking the differences to the
              .txt files in runtime\doc.

              I created a directory called pad\vimdoc which contains
              all the .txt files in runtime\doc. Each time I update
              for a new build, I run a one line script (4nt alias)
              called 7ds:

              7ds=for %i in (c:\vim\vim70aa\runtime\doc\*.txt) ^
              if %@crc32[%i] ne %@crc32[c:\pad\vimdoc\%@filename[%i]] ^
              v -d %i c:\pad\vimdoc\

              This creates a vim diff session for each doc file
              changed.

              As I read through the differences, I use vims normal
              'dp' to update the old file and delete old file lines
              that aren't in the new file.

              When I complete my review, the old and new doc files
              are in sync - ready for the next build.

              Bill
            • Mikolaj Machowski
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
                Dnia sobota 25 czerwiec 2005 18:48, napisałeś:

                > There is - at least for tracking the differences to the
                > .txt files in runtime\doc.

                [cut]

                Thanks. I will go with easier version. Just alias (Linux, zsh, one line)

                alias vimcvs='cp -af runtime/doc/*.txt doc; cp -f
                runtime/doc/version7.txt .;
                export CVSROOT=`cat CVS/Root`;cvs login;cvs update'

                After update I will run vimdiff to check differences.

                m.