Re: a few bugs with gvim-7.

  • GI
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2005
      On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:15:32PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > > (unrelated) Ctrl-W works differently in gvim7 command line. In a
      > > buffer in insert mode, ctrl-w deletes a word. But in gvim in the
      > > command line ctrl-W deletes a blank delimited word. (I know in
      > > vim6.3.x ctrl-W deletes a word in command line, but have not yet
      > > compiled the GUI on this computer so don't know what the GUI does).
      >
      > I don't think this changed from previous versions. It's very well
      > possible that CTRL-W works different on the command line compared to
      > Insert mode.

      Ok. I messed up on this one. However I now have another problem -- I
      find that pressing Ctrl-W in the command line deletes a word as defined
      by iskeyword from the current buffer. (Everytime I tried in gvim7, I was
      viewing a help file, hence blank delmited words got deleted on pressing
      Ctrl-W).

      I'm wondering if the above is what was intended or not. To me it seems
      more intuitive if Ctrl-W worked the same always (as opposed to deleting
      too much when viewing a help file). But ofcourse you and others might
      feel differently ... :)

      GI

      --
      Alternative definitions of terms from Math Lectures:
      TRIVIAL: If I have to show you how to do this, you're in the wrong