Re: vim7: externals which can be made static (long)

  • Walter Briscoe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
      In message <200506011632.j51GWMrn009737@...> of Wed, 1 Jun
      2005 18:32:22 in , Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes

      >Walter Briscoe wrote:
      >
      >> I have applied PC-lint to vim7.
      >> It identified many identifiers with external linkage which can have
      >> internal linkage instead. (extern foo -> static foo) I used grep
      >> identifier *.c to check diagnoses and did not apply it to 5 including:
      >> Info 765: external 'tgoto(char *, int, int)' (line 2423, file term.c)
      >> could be made static
      >
      >Yes, it can be made static.
      >
      >> I believe the following changes are safe. I have compressed them because
      >> the 10k original seems large. 5k is not great but I can do no better.
      >
      >Thanks. Looks OK, I'll include it.

      I have the change. I had misunderstood "Yes, it can be made static".
      You may like to consider the following:
      Info 765: external 'mch_expandpath(struct growarray *, unsigned char *,
      int)' (line 8334, file misc1.c) could be made static
      Info 765: external 'message_window' (line 2457, file os_mswin.c) could
      be made static
      Info 765: external 'current_font_height' (line 3130, file os_mswin.c)
      could be made static
      Info 765: external 'current_funccal' (line 748, file eval.c) could be
      made static

      I rejected all of them. I also rejected tgoto. It seems helpful to push
      them at you in case I was too conservative.
      --
      Walter Briscoe