syntax/tex.vim & spell for vim7

  • Johannes Zellner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hello,

      I just did some small modifications to syntax/tex.vim to make it work
      with vim7's spell feature. It's attached.

      Johannes
    • Chris Allen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2005
        On 03/06/05, Johannes Zellner <johannes@...> wrote:
        > I just did some small modifications to syntax/tex.vim to make it work
        > with vim7's spell feature. It's attached.

        This doesn't work particularly well for me using today's Vim7 from
        CVS. I seem to get spell checking of text inside {} with these
        modifications (which is of questionable value, IMHO, since the values
        of command arguments will often not be natural language text), but I
        do not get checking of normal paragraph text.

        I also seem to get consistent as well as semi-random spelling error
        indication on TeX commands. The standard \text* font commands, like
        \textbf{} are all marked as spelling errors, for example. Some errors
        seem semi-random because it does not appear to be consistent based on
        what the command name is. For example, one of my ten \usepackage
        commands is marked as a spelling error, but the other nine are not.
        There is a screen-shot example of this at
        http://fastjack.turf.org/~chrisa/texspellfailure.png should anyone
        want to see that in action, with the TeX file at
        http://fastjack.turf.org/~chrisa/0_melbourne_diary.tex. Note
        particularly the \usepackage commands. Syntax highlighting of all
        usepackage commands appears correct in Vim 6.3 using the same tex.vim
        syntax file.

        Chris