Re: is the borland compiler deprecated

    Message 1 of 3 , May 25 2:42 AM
      Bruce -

      > There seems to have been some talk about how the Borland compiler has
      > some deficiencies with wide character handling, and that those that
      > build executable for public consumption no longer use the Borland
      > compiler, is this so ???
      >
      > If so, can we re-instate those parts that are #if'd out for Borland C,
      > as they are theoretically not a problem for those that build (who have
      > written off the compiler), and would mean that I don't have to
      > re-instate them myself, because I have no problem with them (as I have
      > working version of the libraries in question).
      >
      > Bottom line is, why have #if's for a compiler you "no longer support" ?

      The Borland compiler doesn't work well for wide characters on Windows
      95/98. I think it's OK for XP.

      We did try to work around the problems, but it's clumsy. Thus if
      someone just has the Borland compiler he will still get something that
      mostly works.

      Currently the MSVC compiler is also free, but someone might not want to
      download and install it.

      - Bram

      --
      BEDEVERE: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
      FOURTH VILLAGER: ... Wood?