Re: gfx trouble on solaris

  • Niki Waibel
    Message 1 of 12 , May 17 12:03 PM
      On 17-May-2005 Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:
      > Hi Niki,
      >
      >>i bet it is an Sparc Ultra IV
      >
      > No, it's a SPARC Ultra V. Other developers on my team have Ultra V boxes, and a few have Ultra X.
      >
      > Those are all (relatively speaking) old boxes. A far cry from cutting edge. :-)

      okay, you are talking about an ultra5 box with UltraSparcIIi cpus (usually 333Mhz or
      400MHz). ultra10 is the same mainboard as the ultra5, but you can put a creator3d gfx
      card into the box (great hardware 6 years ago).

      ultra5 has a pgx24 card onboard, we usually run them with pgx32 in the pci slot.
      -> way too slow now for 24bit gfx (ok for 8bit gfx). the newer pgx64 is not much
      better (same speed) then the pgx32 (24bit), but it has some more mem on the board.

      the ultra10 usually came with a creator3d card (like the ultra60).

      niki