Re: alternating the highlight colours of folds

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2005
      Dnia piątek 13 maj 2005 16:02, Anthony Iano-Fletcher napisał:
      > Bram wrote:
      > > I think it's a nice idea, but the next thing people will ask for is
      > > different highlighting for different levels. And specify whether the
      > > colors cycle or that it sticks at the last one.
      >
      > I looked at highlights based on the foldlevel but I didn't see a way of
      > getting that information within the 'fold_line' function in screen.c. (I
      > expect there is but I don't know the code). If I could, does one add
      > Level1Folded, Level2Folded, .... highlights?
      >
      > On the other hand for the types of files that I fold, my even/odd
      > coloring is a great boon in readability and the patch was unintrusive.

      Even/odd coloring is great for tables when data is dispersed on whole width
      of the table, in Vim folds information is usually grouped on the left side
      (or right for RTL users).

      It would look cool (sorry, didn't test) but practical meaning is doubtful.
      Coloring by levels - that would be real imrovement.

      Not that I could not find use for this feature - ``Vst fold`` produces long
      list of folds on the same level with additional info far on the right
      side. This is ideal target for your patch, but I think this is very
      unusual setup.

      m.

      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 12 Feb)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net