Re: Missprint in help

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
      Wind wrote:
      > Hello Kevin,
      >
      > Thanks for correction. I'm not very accurate while wrting, even
      > in my native language. But while reading I stumble over misprints
      > (Wish it be vice-versa). Sorry for mistakes in my letter(s).
      [...]

      If you notice errors more when reading than when writing, then you
      should attentively reread what you have written. Not only for typos, but
      also for phrasing and for things that you forgot to say -- or that you
      needn't have said.

      Me too, sometimes a letter "remains in my finger" when I type, or two of
      them appear reversed etc. I catch most of those errors on rereading.

    • Collins, Kevin (MindWorks) [Contractor]
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
        Wind,

        I wasn't intending to offend you - hopefully you did not tak it
        that way. I just found it very ironic. :)

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
          And of course, I make a typo! :)

          I wasn't intending to offend you - hopefully you did not tak it
          that way. I just found it very ironic. :)

          Kevin

          > Thanks for correction. I'm not very accurate while wrting, even
          > in my native language. But while reading I stumble over misprints
          > (Wish it be vice-versa). Sorry for mistakes in my letter(s).
          [...]

          If you notice errors more when reading than when writing, then you
          should attentively reread what you have written. Not only for typos, but

          also for phrasing and for things that you forgot to say -- or that you
          needn't have said.

          Me too, sometimes a letter "remains in my finger" when I type, or two of

          them appear reversed etc. I catch most of those errors on rereading.

        • Wind
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
            Hello Kevin,
            You're welcome. I'm not very touchy, so there is no offence.
            And yet I found it very ironic too. Thank you for joy.

            CKMC> And of course, I make a typo! :)

            CKMC> -----Original Message-----
            CKMC> From: Collins, Kevin (MindWorks) [Contractor]
            CKMC> Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:32 AM
            CKMC> To: Wind
            CKMC> Cc: vim-dev@...
            CKMC> Subject: RE: Missprint in help

            CKMC> Wind,

            CKMC> I wasn't intending to offend you - hopefully you did not tak it
            CKMC> that way. I just found it very ironic. :)

            CKMC> Kevin

            CKMC> -----Original Message-----
            CKMC> From: A. J. Mechelynck [mailto:antoine.mechelynck@...]
            CKMC> Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:46 AM
            CKMC> To: Wind
            CKMC> Cc: vim-dev@...; Collins, Kevin (MindWorks) [Contractor]

            CKMC> Wind wrote:
            >> Hello Kevin,
            >>
            >> Thanks for correction. I'm not very accurate while wrting, even
            >> in my native language. But while reading I stumble over misprints
            >> (Wish it be vice-versa). Sorry for mistakes in my letter(s).
            CKMC> [...]

            CKMC> If you notice errors more when reading than when writing, then you
            CKMC> should attentively reread what you have written. Not only for typos, but

            CKMC> also for phrasing and for things that you forgot to say -- or that you
            CKMC> needn't have said.

            CKMC> Me too, sometimes a letter "remains in my finger" when I type, or two of

            CKMC> them appear reversed etc. I catch most of those errors on rereading.

            CKMC> Best regards,
            CKMC> Tony.

            Wind mailto:sonic_wind@...