Re[2]: Missprint in help

  • Wind
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
      Hello Kevin,

      Thanks for correction. I'm not very accurate while wrting, even
      in my native language. But while reading I stumble over misprints
      (Wish it be vice-versa). Sorry for mistakes in my letter(s).

      PS:
      Don't spellcheck this letter, or it will be infinite
      process. ;)

      CKMC> Am I the only one who finds it humorous that the subject of this thread
      CKMC> has a typo? And the body of the original post... :)

      CKMC> RE: Missprint in help

      CKMC> should be:

      CKMC> RE: Misprint in help

      >>> While rereading help I've found mispring:

      CKMC> should be:

      >>> While rereading help I've found misprint:

      CKMC> Kevin

      CKMC> -----Original Message-----
      CKMC> From: A. J. Mechelynck [mailto:antoine.mechelynck@...]
      CKMC> Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 6:18 PM
      CKMC> To: Fan Decheng
      CKMC> Cc: Wind; vim-dev@...
      CKMC> Subject: Re: Missprint in help

      CKMC> Fan Decheng wrote:
      >> Wind wrote:
      >>
      >>> Hello vim-dev,
      >>> While rereading help I've found mispring:
      CKMC> [...]

      CKMC> While we're at it, I found an error under ":help i_CTRL-V_digit":

      CKMC> *insert.txt* For Vim version 7.0aa. Last change: 2005 Feb 21
      CKMC> line 274
      CKMC> there is:

      CKMC> o or O octal 3 255

      CKMC> there should be:

      CKMC> o or O octal 3 377 (255)

      CKMC> for consistency with the following lines.

      CKMC> Best regards,
      CKMC> Tony.

      Wind mailto:sonic_wind@...
    • A. J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
        Wind wrote:
        > Hello Kevin,
        >
        > Thanks for correction. I'm not very accurate while wrting, even
        > in my native language. But while reading I stumble over misprints
        > (Wish it be vice-versa). Sorry for mistakes in my letter(s).
        [...]

        If you notice errors more when reading than when writing, then you
        should attentively reread what you have written. Not only for typos, but
        also for phrasing and for things that you forgot to say -- or that you
        needn't have said.

        Me too, sometimes a letter "remains in my finger" when I type, or two of
        them appear reversed etc. I catch most of those errors on rereading.

      • Collins, Kevin (MindWorks) [Contractor]
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
          Wind,

          I wasn't intending to offend you - hopefully you did not tak it
          that way. I just found it very ironic. :)

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
            And of course, I make a typo! :)

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 5, 2005
              Hello Kevin,
              You're welcome. I'm not very touchy, so there is no offence.
              And yet I found it very ironic too. Thank you for joy.

              CKMC> And of course, I make a typo! :)

              CKMC> -----Original Message-----
              CKMC> From: Collins, Kevin (MindWorks) [Contractor]
              CKMC> Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:32 AM
              CKMC> To: Wind
              CKMC> Cc: vim-dev@...
              CKMC> Subject: RE: Missprint in help

              CKMC> Wind,

              CKMC> I wasn't intending to offend you - hopefully you did not tak it
              CKMC> that way. I just found it very ironic. :)

              CKMC> Kevin

              CKMC> -----Original Message-----
              CKMC> From: A. J. Mechelynck [mailto:antoine.mechelynck@...]
              CKMC> Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:46 AM
              CKMC> To: Wind
              CKMC> Cc: vim-dev@...; Collins, Kevin (MindWorks) [Contractor]

              CKMC> Wind wrote:
              >> Hello Kevin,
              >>
              >> Thanks for correction. I'm not very accurate while wrting, even
              >> in my native language. But while reading I stumble over misprints
              >> (Wish it be vice-versa). Sorry for mistakes in my letter(s).
              CKMC> [...]

              CKMC> If you notice errors more when reading than when writing, then you
              CKMC> should attentively reread what you have written. Not only for typos, but

              CKMC> also for phrasing and for things that you forgot to say -- or that you
              CKMC> needn't have said.

              CKMC> Me too, sometimes a letter "remains in my finger" when I type, or two of

              CKMC> them appear reversed etc. I catch most of those errors on rereading.

              CKMC> Best regards,
              CKMC> Tony.

              Wind mailto:sonic_wind@...