Re: vim70aa (2005 Mar 25) runtime/spell missing

  • Elimar Riesebieter
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 28, 2005
      On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
      Bram Moolenaar told:

      [...]
      > The file is there in CVS, thus the problem must be on your side. When
      > you do a fresh checkout, make sure you create a new directory for it and
      > "cd" there.

      On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
      Bill McCarthy told:

      > Elimar,
      [...]
      > It may be just a missing switch. I run with:
      >
      > cvs -z3 up -Pd

      On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
      Rene de Zwart told:

      [...]
      > I tink you have to use "cvs update -d".

      mkdir -p $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
      cd $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
      cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim checkout vim

      -> no runtime/spell

      cd vim
      cvs -z3 up -Pd

      -> no runtime/spell

      cvs update -d

      -> no runtime/spell

      I did this with
      Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.12.9 (client/server)

      Elimar

      --
      "Talking much about oneself can also
      be a means to conceal oneself."
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 28, 2005
        Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
        > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
        > Bram Moolenaar told:
        >
        > [...]
        >
        >>The file is there in CVS, thus the problem must be on your side. When
        >>you do a fresh checkout, make sure you create a new directory for it and
        >>"cd" there.
        >

        > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
        > Bill McCarthy told:
        >

        >>Elimar,
        >
        > [...]
        >
        >>It may be just a missing switch. I run with:
        >>
        >> cvs -z3 up -Pd
        >>

        > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
        > Rene de Zwart told:
        >
        > [...]
        >
        >>I tink you have to use "cvs update -d".
        >

        > mkdir -p $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
        > cd $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
        > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim checkout vim
        >
        > -> no runtime/spell
        >
        > cd vim
        > cvs -z3 up -Pd
        >
        > -> no runtime/spell
        >
        > cvs update -d
        >
        > -> no runtime/spell
        >
        > I did this with
        > Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.12.9 (client/server)
        >
        > Elimar

        Looks like there are still some bugs in CVS (or are you sure that what
        you are checking out is 7.0aa not 6.3 ?). Try the latest zipfile from
        ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unstable/snapshot/ -- it may be outdated
        technology but (maybe for that reason) it works.

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 28, 2005
          Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

          > mkdir -p $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
          > cd $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
          > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim checkout vim
          >
          > -> no runtime/spell

          You should checkout "vim7", not "vim"! You are getting Vim 6.3.

          --
          Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
          account be allowed to do the job.

        • Elimar Riesebieter
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 28, 2005
            On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
            Bram Moolenaar told:

            > Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
            >
            > > mkdir -p $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
            > > cd $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
            > > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim checkout vim
            > >
            > > -> no runtime/spell
            >
            > You should checkout "vim7", not "vim"! You are getting Vim 6.3.

            src/version tells:

            #define VIM_VERSION_NODOT_······"vim70aa"
            #define VIM_VERSION_SHORT_······"7.0aa"
            #define VIM_VERSION_MEDIUM_·····"7.0aa ALPHA"
            #define VIM_VERSION_LONG_·······"VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0aa ALPHA (2005 Mar 25)"
            #define VIM_VERSION_LONG_DATE_··"VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0aa ALPHA (2005 Mar 25, compiled "

            in both checking out vim or vim7.

            Elimar

            --
            Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge,
            not the fountainheads ;-)
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 28, 2005
              Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

              > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
              > Bram Moolenaar told:
              >

              > > Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
              > >
              > > > mkdir -p $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
              > > > cd $HOME/tmp/vim-cvs
              > > > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim checkout vim
              > > >
              > > > -> no runtime/spell
              > >
              > > You should checkout "vim7", not "vim"! You are getting Vim 6.3.
              >
              > src/version tells:
              >
              > #define VIM_VERSION_NODOT_=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7"vim70aa"
              > #define VIM_VERSION_SHORT_=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7"7.0aa"
              > #define VIM_VERSION_MEDIUM_=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7"7.0aa ALPHA"
              > #define VIM_VERSION_LONG_=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7=B7"VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0aa ALPHA (2005 Mar 25)"
              > #define VIM_VERSION_LONG_DATE_=B7=B7"VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0aa ALPHA (2005 Mar 25, compiled "
              >
              > in both checking out vim or vim7.

              You must be doing something wrong. The version.h under the "vim"
              checkout was last changed 9 months ago.

              --
              Far back in the mists of ancient time, in the great and glorious days of the
              former Galactic Empire, life was wild, rich and largely tax free.