Re: gVim 7.0aa: how to determine the 'snapshot' number?

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      Valery Kondakoff wrote:
      > Hello, vim-gurus!
      >
      > I'm downloading the gVim 7.0aa sources using CVS. How can I determine
      > the current 'snapshot' number (like 7.0052, 7.0053 etc)? This info is
      > not available in the output of the ':ver' command. Is it written
      > sowhere in the source files?
      >
      > Thank you.

      AFAIK, it isn't. However:

      - The "release date", mentioned in the ":version" output just before the
      "compile date", is different for each snapshot. Compare it with the
      modification date of the various snapshot zipfiles listed at
      ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unstable/snapshot/

      - Both the "source" zipfiles from the above FTP site and the W32
      "distribution" zipfile on my site include the snapshot number in their
      filenames.

      The latest snapshot known to me is #54 dated Feb 28. My current gvim
      7.0aa says:

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0aa ALPHA (2005 Feb 28, compiled Mar 1 2005 05:50:30)
      MS-Windows 32 bit GUI version with OLE support
      Compiled by antoine.mechelynck@...
      Big version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):

      etc. "2005 Feb 28" is its snapshot date.

      (Oops! Time to change the second half of my email addy. The one above
      will be misbehaving, at least until the 13th.)

      HTH,
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
        Valery Kondakoff wrote:

        > I'm downloading the gVim 7.0aa sources using CVS. How can I determine
        > the current 'snapshot' number (like 7.0052, 7.0053 etc)? This info is
        > not available in the output of the ':ver' command. Is it written
        > sowhere in the source files?

        No, the snapshot number is in the CVS tag, not in a source file.

        You can see the "build date" with ":version". If I don't forget to
        update it...

        --
        ### Hiroshima 45, Chernobyl 86, Windows 95 ###

      • Bill McCarthy
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
          On Fri 4-Mar-05 12:51pm -0600, Valery Kondakoff wrote:

          > I'm downloading the gVim 7.0aa sources using CVS. How can I determine
          > the current 'snapshot' number (like 7.0052, 7.0053 etc)? This info is
          > not available in the output of the ':ver' command. Is it written
          > sowhere in the source files?

          From the 7.0aa directory, after my cvs update, my
          script executes:

          cvs log -h src\version.h | grep v7 | head -1

          The current output of this is:

          v7-0054: 1.31

          Bill