Feature request: ]] should obey 'cinoptions'

  • Ron Aaron
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      I have the dubious pleasure of working with code that is indented in a strange
      way - such that the opening brace of a function is not in column 0, but rather
      is indented 'shiftwidth'.

      It is painful that ]] does not work in a way that corresponds to cinoptions
      (which I have set, among other things, to f1s ).

      Is there a workaround, and is there any way this will get into vim?

      --
      My GPG public key is at http://ronware.org/
      fingerprint: 8130 734C 69A3 6542 0853 CB42 3ECF 9259 AD29 415D
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        On Tue, March 1, 2005 13:04, Ron Aaron said:
        > I have the dubious pleasure of working with code that is indented in a strange
        > way - such that the opening brace of a function is not in column 0, but rather
        > is indented 'shiftwidth'.
        >
        > It is painful that ]] does not work in a way that corresponds to cinoptions
        > (which I have set, among other things, to f1s ).
        >
        > Is there a workaround, and is there any way this will get into vim?

        Yes, there is: 'help ]]' pointed it out.

        Nevertheless, it would be nice if vim would obey cinoptions for this.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          Ron Aaron wrote:

          > I have the dubious pleasure of working with code that is indented in a
          > strange way - such that the opening brace of a function is not in
          > column 0, but rather is indented 'shiftwidth'.
          >
          > It is painful that ]] does not work in a way that corresponds to cinoptions
          > (which I have set, among other things, to f1s ).
          >
          > Is there a workaround, and is there any way this will get into vim?

          The ]] command comes from Vi. I prefer to keep it Vi-compatible.

          It's not difficult to make a mapping to have ]] search for where you
          want the cursor to move.

          --
          We're knights of the round table
          We dance whene'er we're able