VIM 7.0052: Expansion of Environment Variables

  • Johnny Blaze
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2005
      WinXP/English

      Expansion of environment variables is a little hinky with this snapshot...

      :echo $VIM
      c:\vim<f1>
      :let $VIM="c:\\vim"
      :echo $VIM
      c:\vim<f0>

      the byte at the end seems to change randomly
      :echo $VIM
      c:\vim<f1>
      :echo $VIM
      c:\vim<f0>
      :echo $VIM
      c:\vim<ec>
      :echo $VIM
      c:\vim<da>

      --

      . o O pyromancer O o .
    • Bill McCarthy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2005
        On Sun 27-Feb-05 12:12pm -0600, Johnny Blaze wrote:

        > WinXP/English
        >
        > Expansion of environment variables is a little
        > hinky with this snapshot...
        >
        > :echo $VIM
        > c:\vim<f1>

        I'm not seeing that here with the new version.

        XP Pro SP2 US English - Using Ming

        Bill
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2005
          Johnny Blaze wrote:

          > WinXP/English
          >
          > Expansion of environment variables is a little hinky with this snapshot...
          >
          > :echo $VIM
          > c:\vim<f1>
          > :let $VIM="c:\\vim"
          > :echo $VIM
          > c:\vim<f0>
          >
          > the byte at the end seems to change randomly
          > :echo $VIM
          > c:\vim<f1>
          > :echo $VIM
          > c:\vim<f0>
          > :echo $VIM
          > c:\vim<ec>
          > :echo $VIM
          > c:\vim<da>

          Try this patch:

          *** misc1.c~ Thu Feb 24 16:39:11 2005
          --- misc1.c Sun Feb 27 22:29:04 2005
          ***************
          *** 3628,3633 ****
          --- 3628,3634 ----
          if (pp != NULL)
          {
          p = pp;
          + p[len] = NUL;
          *mustfree = TRUE;
          }
          }

          239. You think "surfing" is something you do on dry land.

        • Johnny Blaze
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2005
            On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:24:42 +0100, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

            > Johnny Blaze wrote:
            >
            > > WinXP/English
            > >
            > > Expansion of environment variables is a little hinky with this snapshot...
            > >
            > > :echo $VIM
            > > c:\vim<f1>
            > > :let $VIM="c:\\vim"
            > > :echo $VIM
            > > c:\vim<f0>
            > >
            > > the byte at the end seems to change randomly
            > > :echo $VIM
            > > c:\vim<f1>
            > > :echo $VIM
            > > c:\vim<f0>
            > > :echo $VIM
            > > c:\vim<ec>
            > > :echo $VIM
            > > c:\vim<da>
            >
            > Try this patch:

            Works like a charm. Thanks Bram!

            --

            . o O pyromancer O o .
          • Alejandro López-Valencia
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
              Bill McCarthy wrote:
              > On Sun 27-Feb-05 12:12pm -0600, Johnny Blaze wrote:
              >

              >>WinXP/English
              >>
              >>Expansion of environment variables is a little
              >>hinky with this snapshot...
              >>
              >>:echo $VIM
              >>c:\vim<f1>
              >

              > I'm not seeing that here with the new version.
              >
              > XP Pro SP2 US English - Using Ming

              Would that be Ming the Merciless, Scourge of the Universe, or did you
              actually stuff a furry animal in the floppy drive? <1000% wink>