Re: Patch for sh syntax file

  • Kevin Ballard
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
      Oh, just to clarify, when I posted the patch to the list I originally
      tried emailing it to the listed maintainer, but that bounced. So please
      don't just dismiss this as noise on the list.

      --
      Kevin Ballard
      kevin@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
        Kevin Ballard wrote:

        > I posted this almost a month ago and got no response. What does it take
        > to get a patch against a syntax file committed, or at least looked at?

        Look in the header of the syntax file, the maintainer is mentioned
        there. Not all maintainers read the maillist, you need to send a
        message directly to him. If the maintainer doesn't respond, then you
        can report this on the maillist and try to find a solution.

        --
        A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer

      • Kevin Ballard
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
          See my followup email - I tried the maintainer a month ago and got a
          bounce.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
            Kevin Ballard wrote:

            > See my followup email - I tried the maintainer a month ago and got a
            > bounce.

            Charles Campbell is a regular poster on the Vim maillists, you should
            have no trouble finding his new e-mail address.

            6. You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.